Live Hands-on Workshops
The Crochet Crowd is returning back to Creativ Festival this fall with 10 Interactive Workshops.
Since having Dela Wilkins on board The Crochet Cruises with us, we realized that having diversity in teachers who are my mentors, makes learning even more valuable. Why not learn from the people who I have learned skills from.
Classes are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Limited to 10 Students Per Class
Introducing The Crochet Crowd Mentors Workshops
Michael Sellick aka Mikey
Workshop Location and Times
Classes in Order of Dates and Times
Updated August 17, 2015
Yarn supplied by Yarnspirations. One course has a subsidized kit fee.
- 460c1.5 – Amigurumi (10) Advanced Beginner
- Crochet the most adorable Mini Elf Christmas Ornament with Kevin. Learn the basics of amigurumi with tricks that can raise the level of cuteness with realistic features. There will be a few patterns in class to customize your project. Bring: 4.5mm hook.
455c1.5 – Tunisian Basket (10) All Levels
Tunisian circle, short rows, linking and working with variegated yarn will all be covered as you make a small basket on a regular crochet hook. This same technique can be applied when making a hat. Bring: Assorted crochet hooks in size range 4mm to 6.5mm.
Michael Sellick – 3 Hour Workshop – Thu 5:00 to 8:00 – Sold Out
- 451c3 – Mikey’s Mystery Afghan (10) Intermediate
- Mikey kick starts you on his not yet released mystery afghan rich with texture and chances to learn new stitches. Receive everything you need to complete the entire afghan. Psst… it’s a surprise so there’s no preview. Yarn subsidized by Yarnspirations. Bring: 6mm hook.
- Kit Fee $30 to get all of the yarn required to make the entire afghan
Michael Sellick – 1.5 Hour Workshop – Fri 9:00 to 10:30 – 6 Seats Left
452c1.5 – Bobbles, Fans, Shells & More (10) Intermediate
Find out how to apply different stitches within a sampler afghan project. Receive a complimentary pattern and Michael will give knowledge on how to use the stitchesfor this and other projects. Bring: 6mm hook.
Dela Wilkins – 1.5 Hour Workshop – Fri 11:00 to 12:30 – 6 Seats Left
- 456c1.5 – Tunisian Wrist Warmers (10) All Levels
- Turn a rectangle of ribbed Tunisian fabric into a wrist warmer. Leave the edges plain or add single crochet to the edges and thumb space. You’ll learn double-ended hook, Tunisian ribbing, two colour and seam joining techniques. Bring or Purchase for $5: 6.5 mm double-ended hook
Michael Sellick – 1.5 Hour Workshop – Fri 1:00 to 2:30 – Sold Out
453c1.5 – Crochet Basics (10) Beginner
There’s no one better than Mikey to get you hooked! Begin your newhobby of crochet by learning the fundamentals. Learn how to get started and some basic stitching techniques to use in future projects. Bring: 6mm hook.
Dela Wilkins – 1.5 Hour Workshop – Fri 3:00 to 4:30 – 5 Seats Left
457c1.5 – Tunisian Mobius Cowl (10) All Levels
This Tunisian Mobius cowl is made with one novelty yarn and one base yarn. The novelty yarn can be one that is difficult to crochet on its own. Learn double-ended hook techniques, how to work in the round, Mobius join and finishing the outer edge. Plus, use two different style yarns, adapting a stitch for the weight of the yarn and the size of the hook. Bring or Purchase for $5: 11.5mm double-ended hook.
Daniel Zondervan – 1.5 Hour Workshop Fri 5:00 to 6:30 – 1 Seat Left
459c1.5 – Buddha’s Treasure Cowl (10) Beginner
Macrame is made cool again with the introduction of Mega Bulky yarns. It’s easy tolearn knots and basic weaving techniques to produce an awesome cowl with Daniel.
Dela Wilkins – 1.5 Hour Workshop – Sat 1:00 to 2:30 – 10 Seats Left
- 458c1.5 – Crochet Hook Blanket (10) All Levels
- Make a small hook blanket in Tunisian crochet simple stitch on a regular crochet hook. Tuck your crochet hooks through the loops on the surface. Techniques used will be Tunisian simple stitch, linking and colour blocking. Bring: 6mm crochet hook.
Michael Sellick – 1.5 Hour Workshop Sat 3:00 to 4:30 – 6 Seats Left
454c1.5 – Broomstick Crochet Scarves (10) Advanced Beginner
No seriously, you use a broomstick to crochet your scarf? Come find out and learn how tobegin and maintain your incredible scarf with a high end look.
- Broomstick will be provided. Bring 6 mm crochet hook.