2 Fabulous Crochet Pillows
Colleen was going for a neutral look this time around. Fitting the beige, sandy and brown tones. Of course, you can do your pillows in any colours that you wish.
Regretfully, this yarn is discontinued but you may still have this in your collection and/or you can score a great deal at the E-Tent.
Both pillows have been improvised using a different yarn and I will share with you what Colleen did to make them work.
Pillow 1 – Mitered Pillow
Original pillow seen to the right.
- Bernat Waverly Yarn from the E-Tent.
- Size 5 mm or H Crochet Hook
- Pattern called for an 14″ Pillow Form. Colleen used 18″ Pillow Form.
- She used 1 ball each of the colours shown to do up her entire pillow. The back side looks identical.
Colleen kept making the mitre bigger to match the pillow. Which suggests that you can alter the size of the pattern to match the square you want to cover.
She’s a 70’s girl at heart and added tassels for her own personal touch.
Pillow 2 – Vortex Pillow
This pattern is part of a two piece afghan and pillow crochet combo pattern. It’s called the Vortex Afghan and Pillow Pattern.
The original pillow is Caron Simply Soft Yarn. I was personally surprised on how few balls this pillow really takes. Considering the pillow is 18″ square, I figured there would be much more.
Colleen only made the one pillow that has the spiral directly in the middle of the pillow. The pattern has both examples so you can do one side as the centre spiral and the reverse side as the spiral is off to one corner. Choice is up to you.
- Bernat Wavery Yarn from E-Tent
- Size 5 mm or I Crochet Hook.
- She used only 3 balls of yarn for the entire project. 2 for the dominant double crochet spiral and 1 for the single crochet spiral that chases the dominant colour around.
- 18″ pillow form is needed.
If you are looking for pillow idea, the above two may be up your alley. Have fun and happy hook’n!