Are You A Yarn Addict?
I recently did some research on my Facebook page to find out what it truly takes to be considered a yarn addict…. Prepare yourself for a good laugh, the satisfaction of knowing that other yarn addicts really are just as crazy as you, and an overwhelming urge to head to the yarn store RIGHT NOW.
You may be an addict if….
- You pack two bags full of yarn for a 3 hour road trip but you forget the diaper bag.
- Your husband tells you you’re cut off at least once a week.
- You spend 2 hours at the yarn store rubbing every skein on your face.
- You think of yarn when you hear “50 shades of grey,” not the book!
- When you go to the store for milk, and come home with 5 skeins of yarn…. And no milk.
- You detain the 911 responders for 10 minutes while you put together a project bag because, heart attack or not, you can’t leave the house without a traveling project and you finished the last one you had.
- Your heart races when you see the words “yarn” and “sale” together!
- Your child falls into the “yarn pit” (that space beside the couch where current projects are kept) and you can’t find him.
- You think about calling in sick to work just to stay home and crochet.
- You can’t even bring yourself to throw away a single scrap (so you save it for stuffing).
- You have so much yarn you’ve resorted to stashing it in empty freezer containers (in the freezer) so you’re hubby won’t know exactly how much yarn you have.
- You yarn shop from your phone in the middle of the night on your way to the bathroom.
- There’s more yarn in your closets than there are clothes.
- You go to yarn crawls instead of bar crawls.
- Everything you look at you think… “Hmm I could crochet that.”
- You clean your purse out and find yarn and hooks.
- You buy a beautiful sweater only to unravel it and start something new.
- Hobby Lobby is the most visited website in your browser history.
- You’ve stalked (in public places) someone wearing a hat, purse, bag, or piece of clothing that you just had to see closer to see the stitch and yarn….or even secretly taken a picture of said item without them knowing.
- You have enough yarn to wrap the earth at least twice!
- When others are finding it completely normal to see you with hooks stashed in your hair.
- Your family has staged an intervention…you go to the 12 step meeting with other fiber addicts…and find new friends to trade stash with!
- You’ve spent any amount of time in a large box surrounded by all your skeins of yarn…..
If you think you might also be an addict, come check out my Behind the Scenes With a Yarn Addict Post! Who knew taking one yarn addict photo could lead to so much fun…..