Exclusive Pattern for The Crochet Crowd
This versatile cowl can be made using either Darn Good Yarn’s original Silk Cloud yarn or their 3ply Silk Cloud. You can even make this cowl using any of the recycled silk sari ribbon yarns. You can make your cowl in any length and width, the pattern variations below are both one skein projects. To change the size of your project simply start off with a single crochet foundation chain in a multiple of 13.
FSC- Foundation Single Crochet=
Start with a slipknot on hook, chain 2, insert hook in 2nd chain from hook, pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 1 loop (the “chain,”), yarn over and draw through 2 loops (the single crochet), *insert hook under 2 loops of the “ch” st of last st and pull up loop, yarn over and draw through 1 loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops, repeat from * for length of foundation.
SH= Shell- 2dc, ch1, 2dc in same stitch. First SH of every round will be Ch3, 1dc, ch1, 2dc Vst-= V Stitch- 1dc, ch2, 1dc in same stitch.
Gauge is not important with this project
Pattern is written for 3ply Silk Cloud, changes for Original Silk Cloud are in parenthesis ()
3ply Silk Cloud
9.0 N hook
Tapestry needle to finish
Original Silk Cloud
5.0mm (H) hook small needle to finish
- Fsc78 (143), join round with sl st
- 1sc in every st around <78, (143)>
- *SH in first (or next) st. Skip each of the next 2sts. 1dc in each of the next 2sts. Vst in next st.
Skip each of the next 2sts. 1dc in the next st. Skip each of the next 2sts. Repeat from * around.
Sl st into the top of the ch3 to join round
- Sl st into the next st. Sl st into the ch1 sp, *SH in ch1 sp. 1fpdc in each of the next 2dcs. Vst in
ch2 sp. 1fpdc in the next dc. Repeat from * around. Sl st into the top of the ch 3 to join round.
- Repeat row four, 10 (36) more times.
- Sl st into the next st. Ch1 and 1sc in the same st. 1sc in every st, 1sc in every ch1 sp and and 3sc
in every ch2 space around. Sl st into the top of the first sc (skip over ch1) to join. <78 (143)>
- 1sc in every st around. Sl st to join round. <78 (143)>
- 1sc in every st around. Sl st to join round, fasten off and weave in ends. <78 (143)>
- Use beginning tail to close of fsc row, fasten off and weave in ends.