Color your World with Pillows
I have about a dozen projects that I’m working on right now, but I sure want to run out and grab some of this fun yarn. I think that a lot of us really enjoy projects that are quick. It is that instant gratification that we get from seeing a project completed so fast.
Mikey’s video of the Bernats Bricks Blanket is going high on my list of projects because I think this will make a great gift with the holidays coming up soon. But this month, I have already have to concentrate on things that need to be done by October 1st.
So I don’t have time for a blanket, so I figure, why not do a quick pillow! Pillows are fun because they can add a pop of color to your living space. They take so little time. You can see my Bulky Bolster at the top of this page that I made yesterday. My husband picked up the pillow form for me the day before and he was quite surprised to see that it was already finished. I used the Bernat Mega Bulky in purple on it, another great chunky option.
Here is a list of some fun pillows to try. Not all of these use the big yarn, but they would all still work up pretty fast.
Which pillow would you pick for a quick weekend project?
- Bulky Bolster Take a peek at my version above. Super quick!
- Triangles – Geometric Pillow I love the triangles with the pop of color and different look.
- Floor Pillow Pouf Ottoman Make one to put your feet up and relax.
- Simple Stripes Pillow This would be perfect to play with Diva Dan’s color combo.
- Double Take Pillow A colorful version of C2C.
- Diamond Stitch Pillow Uses bulky #5 yarn for some great texture.
- Basic Throw Pillow Probably your fastest choice to have fun with the big blanket yarn.
- Chain Links Pillow I do think Mikey should just do a video of this one for all of us.
- Big & Cozy Floor Pillow At 30” wide x 27” long it is definitely big.
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Pillows Pull out those scraps that you have been hoarding for some day.
- Rainbow in the Clouds Pillow Tons of possibilities to play with color on this quickie.
Be creative! 🙂 – Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd