9 Baby Blanket Ideas
If you are looking for a cute and meaningful project to do for a new baby, below maybe just what you are looking for. Enjoy these free patterns.
- Fuzzy Ripple Afghan (on right)
- Baby Steps Soft Blanket – Easy granny square based blanket that is enriched with softness.
- Floral Bouquet Baby Blanket – This is a must see as this would be a blanket that a new mother would oooh and aaaaah over!
- Hexagonal Baby Blanket – I love the colours in this particular design. The robin egg blue with with the white and yellow centres. How appropriate for a new baby! This is using Soft Baby Steps. This yarn is fabulous to work with and well priced!
- Polka Dot Baby Blanket – Get a load of the picture of the baby in this pattern. You can tell he is adventurous. Loving the hexagonal shapes and how they make the polka dots. If you think outside of the box and use different colours for the dots, you could use this blanket as a teaching tool as the child develops for learning colours.
- Coziest Baby Blanket Ever – It’s using Red Heart Buttercup Yarn. It’s exceptionally light but chunky weight. This means the afghan would work up really quick. It would like cuddling the baby with a cloud!
- Sweet Dreams Baby Blanket – It’s fabulous colour range makes this really pleasing to the eyes. It has some new stitch work too!
- Rainbow Swirl Baby Blanket – Though the yarn is discontinued, I bet you could find substitution yarn to make this happen. It’s like looking at an array of ice cream colours mixed into one amazing baby blanket.
- Baby Play Mat Blanket – Using Baby Clouds Yarn, this soft blanket makes for a great surface play area for kids. The arrays of Seaspray and Blue Sky Colours really does look amazing.
For me, if i were to choose which one I think you would love the most, I think it would be Floral Bouquet Baby Blanket # 3. When you see that afghan, you will immediately identify that it’s a bit fancy but would be a keep sake in the years to come.