Are you A Crazy Crafter?
The Yarn Addict post a couple weeks ago really got me thinking….are most “Yarn Addicts” also “Crazy Crafters!?” I know I’ve tried on quite a few different types of crafts from scrap booking, and quilting, all the way to knit and crochet. I’ve purchased pretty much every supply you could need for every one of these crafts over the years, which right now *ahem* are just sitting in boxes waiting to get used…..
I’ve definitely been called a “Crazy Crafter”…..and you know what!? I’m loving every minute of both the crafting and the craziness!
Think you might be a Crazy Crafter too?
Here are a few tell-tale signs that you might be worse off than just “Yarn Addict” and headed down the “Crazy Crafting” path as well…..
- You keep everything. You never know when you might figure out the perfect use for that empty milk jug or old cereal box!
- Then you hold onto everything (^^^^) for a Very. Long. Time. *Just in Case*
- You currently have upwards of 50 shortcuts or bookmarks on your computer to craft projects you’d like to do.
- Your craft room is more of a “collection” room – rubber stamp collection, scrapbook paper collection, fabric and yarn collections…..
- You have to get out of bed to write down a crafting idea before it’s lost….at least once a week.
- The people around you are confused when you refer to yourself as a “Knotty Hooker.”
- You’ve quit a reliable job with insurance and benefits so you could focus on your craft full-time.
- You’ve found thread, yarn bits, sequins, beads, glitter, or any other sticky craft bits in your bed….or your hair.
- Because of #8 (^^^) you fully understand why glitter is referred to as “The STD of Crafting Supplies.”
- Your dining room table is more often used as a crafting center than it is a place to eat dinner.
And my own personal favorite?
11. You’ve made a Christmas stocking big enough for a grown person to fit in – just for fun!
That last one seriously does sound fun….imagine all the uses for a giant Christmas stocking! Sleeping bag, awesome hiding place, the best Christmas decoration you’ve ever seen, etc….
If you’d like to check out my craziest move yet as a “Crazy Crafter”, then head over to my blog, Less Stuff, More Time, now!