Sweet Creatures by Stacey Trock
Our newest mystery challenge has been designed by Stacey Trock, designer of Fresh Stitches. I’ve been working on the mystery challenge behind the scenes to prepare for the ‘Who’s in Your Closet’ mystery crochet along. Other than her incredible designs, I really like how she takes her time in the patterns and explains things through words and photography. Her attention to details makes it easy to be successful.
Stacey has three books out. Her books are incredible and a worthy investment for your crochet collection. If you would like to see more of her books, you can visit her Book Library to see them. I bought one of the books at a massive book retailer, Chapters, here in Canada. You can also order the books online as well.
On her website, you can purchase individual patterns that are so ridiculously cute. I have taken the time to pick out my favourite top 10 of her 111 patterns that are available. Again I emphasize that her instructions are incredible and worth every penny to have a unique and fun character.
I’m going to start you off with a free pattern so you may see the instructions and attention to detail. You will be astounded! Check out Burnie the Bee!
- Roosevelt the Monster – I love the uniqueness and it’s a great character that a child can put their own spin on with imagination. Yes… he is simple but oh so ridiculously cute.
- Martin the Snail – Oh Martin, Martin, Martin… how adorable are you. With a fabulous pretty shell and eyes that you cannot say no to! Oh how I love you!
- Wally the Koi – As pictured above, Wally is singing to Abba with his large mouth and easy to love eyes and fins!
- Alastair the Caterpillar – Reminds me of the glow worms back in the 80’s but he’s even more adorable. I can see Alastair in a nursery and being a treasured animal for a young one.
- Oliva the Ballerina and Ethan the Boy – Great dolls that are waiting for their new bffs.
- Vera the Lady Bug – Absolutely birthday cake sweet adorable!
- Scrappy the Dog (Free Pattern) – Use up your stash to create a unique puppy. This pup doesn’t require training!
- Murray the Squirrel with Pet Acorn – Murray is a friendly bushy tailed squirrel. He’s got a gift of an acorn that he loves to give.
- Owen the Monkey – This is one of the better crochet monkey patterns I have seen online. He’s not monkeying around but is definitely waving at you to pick him!
- Jean-Paul the Hedgehog – He just tugs at my heart strings with looking so vulnerable and I am just eager to give him a hug.
- Jackie the Cow – I live in farm country here. I think cows generally are really interesting and cute. Jackie is a dairy cow and would be super cute to give in a baby shower.
As mentioned above, Stacey is our designer for our next mystery challenge. If you think any of the above are super adorable, just you wait until you see what our mystery project is. It is going to tug at your heart and I can bet that if you give it to one child in your family, the rest are going to be begging for one too. If you tell your child in advance, I bet they will be watching you put it together eagerly waiting for you to finish.
Thank you Stacey for joining in on the fun with us.