Crochet 2-4 Years Old Bun Hat
Crochet a Bun Hat that intentionally leaves space at the top of the hat to put up hair. You bring your hair through the space. This particular pattern is an alteration on an existing pattern on Yarnspirations called the Snug with Clusters Crochet Hat.
The pattern has been written in three sizes. I have altered each size to start correctly for a bun feature at the top of that.
Using the same hook size, 6.5 mm or K. Using either Patons Classic Wool Roving or Bernat Roving Yarn. You will need only 1 ball of each colour. If you want a solid colour hat, you only need 1 ball.
- Beg Cluster: Ch 2, 1 dc into same stitch.
- Cluster: (Yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice in indicated space. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook.
Start by using a hair elastic band.
Beg at crown, with MC, ch 16. Join with sl st to first ch to form a ring.
- Attach yarn with a sl st around hair band, ch 2. 1 dc in ring – beg cluster made. Ch 1. *Cluster next stitch, Ch 1. Repeat * Around. 16 clusters.
- Sl st in next ch-1 sp. Beg cluster in same sp as last sl st. *Ch 1. Cluster in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * around. Ch 1. Join with sl st to top of beg cluster. Rep last rnd until Hat from beg measures 4″. Fasten off, weave in ends.
- Join A with sl st to any ch-1 sp. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *1 sc in top of next cluster. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. 32 (40-48) sc.
- Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each of next 14 (18-22) sc. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to end of rnd. Join with sl st to first st. 30 (38-46) sc.
- Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.