Walt Disney World
The Crochet Crowders are heading to Walt Disney for a 3 Day Adventure. Mark your calendars for Oct 18 – 20, 2017 as we hook our way through Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida.
Walt was a visionary of bringing imagination to life through the world of animation. As many of you may know, his journey wasn’t instant success. It’s through creativity and the arts combined, today as we know Walt Disney World. For many children, visiting Walt Disney World or Disney Land is a dream come true.
We have rented facilities at Walt Disney World for our 3 day magical event. Currently, we have 70 confirmed guests for this event. We are allowed up to 130 before closing off reservations. We are over the half way point of registrations for this event.
- Set the kids and family free and hang with us in Tomorrowland in the afternoon. You have time to explore the park in the morning, enjoy lunch and then sit with us for some much needed Stitch Social. You can then rejoin your family around 3:30 pm or just hang out longer. It’s up to you.
- We have rented The Seas with Finding Nemo & Friends for the afternoon in Epcot. As part of our contract requirements to be on Disney Properties, we are treating you to a full meal and stitch social with us. Only registered Crochet Activity Package purchases will be served a full Disney Meal.
- We have secured the VIP Salon behind the large tank where we will conduct our activities. Only those who have signed up for our activities package will be invited into the salon. You never know what will swim across the panoramic views of the tank. Maybe a shark or two? You just never know.
- For family or friends not participating in our activities, let them enjoy the park as you hang with us.
- We have a goody bag for each registered guest of the activity package.
- Enjoy Epcot in the morning and join us at an established time at the pavilion. Bring your crochet hook and ideas. We love stories.
- You can rejoin your family back in the later afternoon and continue to enjoy Epcot.
- We hop over to Animal Kingdom. Explore the majestic creatures that share our planet in the morning.
- Let your friends or family be free and join us in a pavilion to Stitch Social with us.
- You will rejoin your family in the later afternoon or continue to Stitch Social amongst new friends. You can continue to explore the park.
The International Food & Wine Festival
During our stay, we are also there as The International Food & Wine Festival is taking place. Our activity packages do not include anything at the festival but you can sign up, while in person at the park if you wish to sample or try new things.
The activity fee to participate with The Crochet Crowd live at Disney World is $150. This does not include park admission tickets or hotel costs. This includes your participation for 3 days with our events. This fee covers the private rental services of the Pavilions, Activity Packages and more.
If you wish for a family member or friend to sit with you in the VIP Salon at Epcot for a full course meal, they must sign up for the Activity Package as we are charged by the attendance in this salon by Disney. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Our Registered Activity Participants guests will receive the following:
- Customized Group T-Shirt, Agent is Asking for Shirt Sizes of Participants.
- Customized Lanyard (One in photograph is just an example, not the one for Disney).
- Yarn Tote
- Yarn Sampler
Group Tours – Disney Underground (Utilidors)
As we get closer, a few private tours will be arranged for our party that are not included in the activity package. A private corporate party, which we are, will be arranged for those interested in participating with a behind the scenes view of Walt Disney World. We will be limited in size in the party that goes underground with us. Stay tuned for details.
As many people know, there is an underground city under Walt Disney World to allow cast members, food services and much more to move around the park without the public noticing. Certain buildings in the park are the gateway to the Utilidors under the park.
The utilidors are really fascinating as you will not see anyone removing trash from the bins all over the park. It’s because the bins are over tubes and the trash falls down into a tube and is transported to a location in the park that collects all the garbage. Which reminds us not to throw anything in the trash as once you put it in, you won’t see it again.
Currently Signed Up
We have a number of guests that will be at Walt Disney World for a week. Our corporate rate at the 3 resorts is available to use 4 days before the venue starts and 4 days after. This allows those with family to take advantage of our corporate rate for discounts at Disney. We have many participants that will be at Disney for an entire week and is participating with our program for the 3 days. This will allow you to combine a family vacation plus something, just for you, at the same time.
We have arranged for meal plans at the parks for you to sign up for. It is cheaper to buy a meal plan than it is to eat as you go and pay. Take the money worry out of eating but buying a meal plan for each of your guests.
The Crochet Cruises – October 2017
For those continuing their crochet adventure, we have a Crochet Cruise directly starting on Oct 21, 2017. From the 3 hotels at Walt Disney World, we will be picking you up to take you to Port Canaveral. There is extra costs involved in the busing to do this. This has not yet been arranged until we get closer to the date. Our group will stay together as we head to the first ship.
We also have a second Crochet Cruise directly when we get back from the first one. We have several people staying on board with us for a second week as well.
How to Sign Up
You must sign up using our agent for any of The Crochet Cruises or this event. Our agent keeps our party together and ensures the rates we have for our party are honoured.
For those with Season Passes to Walt Disney World, you just have to pay for our Activity Package Portion as the admission tickets are not something you need to worry about.
Come join at as Walt Disney World. Bring your family and friends. Before signing up, ensure you are fully committed to go. Certain elements of our party are non-refundable such as Park Admission Tickets and more. We have a corporate rate for the resorts and certain restrictions apply when cancelling. Be sure to discuss those with our agent.
Fun Facts – MyMagic Bands
The main picture for this article has a Disney MyMagic Band. It’s a bracelet but is more than just a pretty accessory. Inside, there is a computer chip that knows your name and more. If you stay with us at Walt Disney World, each guest in your party will receive one. They act as your identification, your room key and meal plans. In certain locations, all you need to do have your bracelet scanned and everything is automatic. Pretty neat eh.
Most of our retreats and cruises, we do a property inspection where we go in advance before booking to review and meet key individuals which help organize the events behind the scenes with the venues. Our main organizer is Sherry Leybovich of Cruise Planners that is the liaison between us and the venue. She helps keep our party together and plans on in constant communications.
We have 3 dedicated Resort Locations for our party where we have a corporate rate for our guests. Let me show you picture we took during our inspections of each.
Each has their own budget structure. Port Orleans being the cheapest of the three to the luxury of the Contemporary Hotel which is the original hotel built when Walt Disney World was constructed. Daniel and I have chosen the Contemporary Hotel to stay at as it’s directly connected to the Monorail System that joins Magic Kingdom and Epcot Together.
Between each location, complimentary bussing by Walt Disney World is available between locations. So you are never disconnected from the parks, generally speaking.
A Look Back
For some of us, visiting Walt Disney World doesn’t come until we are adults. Walt Disney has the mystic of almost being trapped in time. As nerdy as this sounds, my most favourite attraction at Walt Disney World is the Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland. I am fascinated to see how spurts of time that we, as society, has moved forward through innovation and ideas.
Let the Memories Begin