This easy to crochet dishcloth is using the moss stitch which makes it very quick and easy to crochet. What is the moss stitch? It’s very simple, it consists of 1 single crochet, chain 1. You crochet within chain one spaces. Though it appears like a solid unit, it’s actually like a granny experience.
This dishcloth is 8″ x 8″ square. The width will give you approximately 8″ wide but when you crochet, you stop when the length gets to 8″. It goes much faster than you may realize. It didn’t take me long to make this example.
- 5 mm or Size H Crochet Hook
- 2 Balls of Lily Sugar’n Cream – Twists
- Darning Needle to Weave in Ends
- (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. *Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * to last ch. 1 sc in last ch. 36 sts. Turn.
- Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Ch 1. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last sc. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.
- Rep last row for 8″ ins [25.5 cm]. Fasten off. Use darning needle to hide in tail ends.