Crochet Felted iPad Carry Case Cover Pattern
This is the felted version for this fabulous iPad Bag. Follow the directions below for the sizing and then felt it afterwards to size it nicely to your iPad.
- Partial Balls of Patons Classic 100% Wool. You need 100% wool in any brand to do the felting process.
- Colours Needed are Orange, Jade Heather, Yellow, Red, Leaf Green & Burdandy
- Size 6 MM Crochet Hook or Size J Hook
- Stitch Marker To Count Rotations
CH – Chain, SC – Single Crochet, DC – Double Crochet, SL ST – Slip Stitch, BEG – Beginning, TOG – Together, DEC – Decrease,
The colours are subjective to your creativity. You don’t need to use all of the colours you see. Change the colours as often as you want.
- Chain 43
- SC 2nd CH from the hook and all the way down. Then turn work and SC all the way back on the opposite side of the chain. SL ST at the end. This project has no seams and works in a continous circle revolution.
- CH 1, then SC all the way around and SL ST at the end.
- Repeat Step 3 – 56 Times.
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Fasten on yarn about 2″ away from the fold. SC 4 Stitches in a Row.
- Turn, CH 1 and SC the rest.
- Repeat Step 2 – 36 times.
- Attach 2″ away from the other side’s edge. Fasten off and weave in ends
- Repeat Step 1 – 4 for the other handle.
Tip: When doing the second handle, lay the bag flat and see where the other side is attached and use that as your measurement. This will allow you to keep your handles being attached at relatively the same point for both sides.
- Fasten on yarn to where you fastened off the body. CH 1 and SC all the way around. (This includes going over top of the handle). This will provide extra strength and durability. SL ST at end and fasten and weave in ends.
- Fasten on yarn on the inside of the one handle. CH 1 and SC all the way around in the inside of the handle. At end SL ST and fasten off and weave in ends.
- Repeat Step 2 for the other inside handle
To Felt This:
- Load bag into washing machine with a pair of old jeans. Jeans provides aggitation to felt up this bag.
- Add 2 table spoons of baking soda.
- Water must be as hot as possible.
- Wash on regular cycle.
- Take out of washer wet, shape the bag and lie it flat on a heating register in your house or a place where it can dry.
Want my Same Colour Mix?
Want the same pattern as shown in the bag? Here is the colour and line break downs by colour:
- BEG CH and 2 Lines of Orange
- 5 Jade Heather
- 2 Yellow
- 2 Red
- 5 Leaf Green
- 2 Jade Heather
- 1 Yellow
- 4 Burgandy
- 3 Orange
- 1 Jade Heather
- 5 Red
- 2 Leaf Green
- 5 Yellow
- 3 Burgandy
- 1 Orange
- 4 Jade Heather
- 1 Yellow
- 8 Red
- 1 Leaf Green