We have to make the blanket and then form the hood onto the existing edge of the baby blanket.
To do this blanket you need 3 Balls of Bernat Baby Blanket 300 g.
It took me about 4 hours to make this project from start to finish. It goes really quickly.
- Blanket is 36″ x 36″
- Hood is 8″ deep
- 3 balls of Bernat Baby Blanket 300 g
- Size 8 mm or L Size Crochet Hook
- Ch 4. Do not form ring.
- 2 dc into 4th chain from hook, ch 2, 3 dc into same 4th chain, ch 2, 3 dc into same 4th chain, ch 2, 3 dc into same 4th chain. Ch 1, 1 hdc into top of beginning ch 4.
- Ch 2 (counts as hdc), 1 hdc into same space. * Front Post Double Crochet (FPdc) each stitch to next corner. In corners, place [2 hdc, ch 2, 2 hdc]. Repeat * around. Final corner is 2 hdc, ch 1, 1 hdc to top of beginning ch 2.
- Each round will get bigger, therefore more stitches will exist between the corners. Repeat Step 3, 8 times.
- Ch 3 (counts as dc), 1 dc into same space. *dc into each stitch across. In corners, place [2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc]. Repeat * around. Final corner gets 2 dc, ch 1 and 1 hdc to the top of beginning Ch 3.
- Repeat Step 5, 6 times.
- Repeat Step 3. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Select any corner.
- The hood is formed by attaching the first stitch to the edge. We will grow out the hood like a pie shape and then single crochet the two sides to the blanket afterwards.
- My hood will appear like a hat to the corner of the blanket.
- Fasten onto and corner, Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc twice into same corner space. Turn.
- Ch 3, 2 DC into same stitch as chain, 1 dc into each across. Final stitch gets 3 dc. Turn.
- Repeat Step 2, 7 more times. Fasten off and weave in ends.
You will now have a pie shape. You will use your crochet hook and single crochet the seams that match the hood.
- The join should be on the underside of the hoodie so the seam is inside the hoodie.
- Fasten on the back of the hook where the 3 DC are joining the hoodie.
- Single Crochet holding the 1 side of the blanket and the hoodie together. Evenly space single crochet to the brim of the hoodie. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Repeat for the other seam.