This is version one of the Hooded Baby Blanket using Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn. In this version, the hood is in the corner of the blanket.
We have to make the blanket and then form the hood onto the existing edge of the baby blanket.
To do this blanket you need 3 Balls of Bernat Baby Blanket 300 g.
It took me about 4 hours to make this project from start to finish. It goes really quickly.
- Blanket is 36″ x 36″
- Hood is 8″ deep
- 3 balls of Bernat Baby Blanket 300 g
- Size 8 mm or L Size Crochet Hook
- Ch 4. Do not form ring.
- 2 dc into 4th chain from hook, ch 2, 3 dc into same 4th chain, ch 2, 3 dc into same 4th chain, ch 2, 3 dc into same 4th chain. Ch 1, 1 hdc into top of beginning ch 4.
- Ch 2 (counts as hdc), 1 hdc into same space. * Front Post Double Crochet (FPdc) each stitch to next corner. In corners, place [2 hdc, ch 2, 2 hdc]. Repeat * around. Final corner is 2 hdc, ch 1, 1 hdc to top of beginning ch 2.
- Each round will get bigger, therefore more stitches will exist between the corners. Repeat Step 3, 8 times.
- Ch 3 (counts as dc), 1 dc into same space. *dc into each stitch across. In corners, place [2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc]. Repeat * around. Final corner gets 2 dc, ch 1 and 1 hdc to the top of beginning Ch 3.
- Repeat Step 5, 6 times.
- Repeat Step 3. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Select any corner.
- The hood is formed by attaching the first stitch to the edge. We will grow out the hood like a pie shape and then single crochet the two sides to the blanket afterwards.
- My hood will appear like a hat to the corner of the blanket.
- Fasten onto and corner, Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc twice into same corner space. Turn.
- Ch 3, 2 DC into same stitch as chain, 1 dc into each across. Final stitch gets 3 dc. Turn.
- Repeat Step 2, 7 more times. Fasten off and weave in ends.
You will now have a pie shape. You will use your crochet hook and single crochet the seams that match the hood.
- The join should be on the underside of the hoodie so the seam is inside the hoodie.
- Fasten on the back of the hook where the 3 DC are joining the hoodie.
- Single Crochet holding the 1 side of the blanket and the hoodie together. Evenly space single crochet to the brim of the hoodie. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Repeat for the other seam.