Crochet this easy round dishcloth. The dishcloth plays on the premise of shells of different combos as it grows bigger. It will end up with 18 scallops around the perimeter in the end.
What Do You Need?
- Size 5 mm or H Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
You need only one ball of Lily Sugar’n Cream.
- Ball Size – Solids: 113g / 4 oz, 184 meters / 200 yards
- Ball Size – Ombres: 85g / 3 oz, 138 meters / 150 yards
You will need one ball of the Bernat Handicrafter.
- Ball Size – Solids: 50g / 1.75 oz, 73 meters / 80 yards
- Ball Size – Ombres: 42.5g / 1.5 oz, 62 meters / 68 yards
For me, I used Sugar’n Cream Twists and made additional dishcloths and pot holders with it.
My pattern was originally done in one colour. You can opt to change colours as often as you wish. Just consider you need other balls of yarn if you wish to do so. This project doesn’t use up a lot of yarn.
Ch 3 (counts as dc)
- 11 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join with sl st in top of 1st dc. – 12 dc
- Ch 2 (counts as hdc), 1 hdc into same st as sl st. 2 hdc in each stitch around. Join with sl st in top of 1st ch-2.
- Ch 3. Working in back loops only for this round. *2 dc into next stitch, then 1 dc into next. Repeat * around. 2 DC in last stitch. Join with sl st in top of 1st ch-3.
- Ch 3, 2 dc into same stitch. *Skip 1 stitch, 3 dc into next. Repeat * around. Skip last stitch and join with sl st into top of ch-3.
- Sl st to middle of group of 3 dc. Ch 3, 3 dc into same stitch. *Skip to next middle of group of 3 dc, 4 dc into the middle stitch. Repeat * around. Join with sl st to the first ch-3.
- Sl st to the 2nd stitch of 4 dc in the next group. Ch 3, 2 dc into same stitch, 2 dc into next stitch. *Skip to the next group of 4 and in the 2nd stitch 3 dc, 2 dc into next. Repeat * around. Join with a sl st to the first ch-3.
- Ch 1, sl st in the space between the groups of 5 dc. In sequence across the 5 stitches of the group of 5, *sc, hdc, 2 dc, hdc, sc, sl st in space between group of 5. Repeat * around. Join with a sl st to first ch-2. Fasten off and weave in ends.