How to Use The New Facebook Fan Page Upgrade
You may have noticed, Facebook has done an upgrade to the Facebook Fan Pages, which includes The Crochet Crowd Facebook.
While I can say I am not a great fan of this change, I think I just have to suck it up and deal the cards and learn how to work with it. It’s a waste of time to cry the woes and not apply myself to adapt.
One of the pages I work for, in behind the scenes was forced changed back in March. I wasn’t a fan then and I really haven’t worked much with it. I thought it was going to effect the page’s results but it hasn’t. This has given me hope that the changes will have a small drawback but as people learn to use it, it will get back on track again.
I’ve been using Facebook from a couple years after the birth of it. I’ve seen many changes come and go. I think in the long term, I think Facebook needs to change once in a while or the product gets stale.
Firstly, you will notice the top cover picture has different options right over top of the picture.
- Gone are the boxes under the cover title that were large. Those are called APPS. Those have been moved down on the left hand side. These apps are important to our page as it allows our fans to find videos, subscribe to our newsletter and see what our latest challenges are.
- The news feed is now only 1 column down as the left hand side is wider.
- Our pictures of the latest uploads are bigger and showcases the last 9 put on. When you click one of them, it takes you to the direct conversational thread to see more about it.
Posts to Page
This is the most common complaint… where do you see the posts by our fans now?
- It’s now on the left, just scroll down a little bit and you will see a section called POSTS TO PAGE.
- You will see the 3 latest posts by our fans. To see them all, you click POSTS TO PAGE name at the top of the section and/or click the arrow on the top right of the section.
- A new window will pop open and show you what our fans have been up to.
- You can still comment, share and like.
- The Crochet Crowd still has the option to share your photos as a main feature of the Home Page as well.
You will definitely notice the scrolling has changed.
- Both Left and Middle Sections will scroll together as a solid page. The right where the ads are will stay put.
- Once you get to the bottom of the left column, it will stop and the middle section will keep doing an infinity scroll.
Just keep in mind that the changes are part of Facebook. If I had my way, I most likely wouldn’t have changed it. I could be negative about it, but I think this is part of life where we most adapt and deal the cards.
I think just give it a bit of time and a bit of getting used to. I know our Crowd… I know most of you will get into the swing really quickly and work Facebook as usual.
What do you think of the upgrade? Share your thoughts below in the comment box… even if you don’t like it…