Afghans for Fall
I went snooping around Lion Brand’s website to find afghans that I think are neat and/or fit my vision of what fall is. Here are 20 fun Afghan finds to enjoy.
You will need to log in to your Free Lion Brand Membership to see my selections. Once you log in, you can see them all without having to log in each and every time.
- Diamonds Afghan (as seen on right) – Reminds me of stained glass windows. You could have a lot of ideas with colour mixing with this one.
- Off the Beaten Path – Wow, it really does look like a quilt. For quilt lovers but for crocheter who prefer the hook. This is a neat one to consider.
- Syncopated Ripple Afghan – I can see this for crocheters who want a more refined look or elegant decor style.
- Cozy Checkerboard Throw – It’s thick and would crochet up real quick. The colours remind me of royal colours or maybe even more a traditional burgundy look and feel to Christmas.
- Bright Granny Throw – It’s a solid afghan… that’s right… no sewing. This is intended for a baby blanket.
- V-Stitch Lapghan – It’s incredibly thick. I bet this afghan can be done in 1 – 2 days.
- Landscape Throw – It’s squares and rectangles mixed up to provide a non symmetrical look and feel. I prefer afghans like this generally.
- Calm Green Throw – Perfect colours to represent fall. Love the granny squares used. I love how the squares not uniform too in the same colours.
- Fall Granny Throw – Large squares that are coloured for fall. It’s rich looking.
- Kew Gardens Afghan – Crocheters are begging me for round afghans. This is round and fabulous. Check this one out!
- Tree of Life Afghan – The trees literally pop out of the afghan with some fancy stitch work. It’s not as difficult as it looks if you just take it step by step.
- Nature’s Bounty Afghan – I’m not sure I would have the patience for this particular afghan but my word… it’s beautiful. For those crocheters who like to take their time and really love intricate detail, this is right up your alley.
- Harvest Patchwork Afghan – It’s very fall and has a Thanksgiving look and feel to it.
- Shaded Blanket – Chevron in nature and wonderful transitions of colours. It’s great colours for baby as it can get dirty without much worry of staining it.
- Colourful Wheels Afghan – Now this one is stunning! Love love Love this one! I love the stitch, love the colours and love everything about this one! If you ignore all my suggestions, let me tempt you with showing you this one.
- Patchwork Persuasion – Definitely a must see as well. It has a unique look to it that is really interesting and unexpected. Great mix of colours.
- Quilt Motif Afghan – Look carefully as it’s not a quilt… It’s really well done. Mix up colours that you prefer and make your own crochet quilt design.
- Prairie Stripes Throw – Oh Wow… It looks so soft and I love the colourway on this one.
- Autumn Afternoon Afghan – Another cozy afghan for just hanging out and being comfortable.
- Shaker Patchwork Afghan – I’m not sure New York Fries Fast Food is in the USA, but this afghan totally reminds me of that place. The checkerboard look of the afghan.
Wow… now that I have just taken an hour and a half to search around. I think my bucket list just got way bigger. I think of any of the afghans, Number #15 – Colourful Wheels Afghan is my favourite.
Leave me a comment to which afghan(s) are your favourite. Would love to know what you think!