Crochet iPad2 Case Cover Pattern
This pattern works for regular crochet stitches and not just felting as it appears in the picture. This is for an iPad or equivalent size device.
- Partial Balls of Patons Classic 100% Wool
- Colours Needed are Orange, Jade Heather, Yellow, Red, Leaf Green & Burdandy
- Size 6 MM Crochet Hook or Size J Hook
- Stitch Marker To Count Rotations
CH – Chain, SC – Single Crochet, DC – Double Crochet, SL ST – Slip Stitch, BEG – Beginning, TOG – Together, DEC – Decrease,
Starting at band and working up to the tip.
- CH 6
- 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. (Will equal 5 sc across)
- Ch 1. Working in back loops only, 1 sc in each sc across. Turn.
- Rep last row until work when slightly stretched measures 17 inches or wraps around your forehead. Do not over stretch as it will be too small.
- Do not turn at end of last row.
Bottom of Hat Working Up To Tip – Working In Rounds
- Ch 1. Work sc evenly along side edge of Band. Join with sl st in first sc.
- Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 4 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * to end of rnd. Join with sl st in first sc.
- Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 11 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * to end of rnd. Join with sl st in first sc.
- Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 12 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * to end of rnd. Join with sl st in first sc.
- Next 3 rnds: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc.
- You Can Begin To Do Full Circles without slip stitching.
- Continue to sc a nd on the 11th stitch do a sc 2 Tog Decrease stitch (Making two stitches into one). SC again the next 10 stitches and on the eleventh SC 2 TOG DEC and continue repeating that for the remainder of the project.
- You will repeat step 7 until you end up with 12 stitches left at the top of the hat. This could be up to 15 – 18 rows from where you started to do step 7. Use the unsewn band as your guide for revolution counts. This step will cause the hat to get narrow and pointed.
- When 12 stitches left, do 3 SC TOG Decrease four times.
- Fasten off leaving a long end. Weave end through last rnd and draw up tightly to close top of hat. Fasten securely. Sew Band seam.