Bernat Baby Bundle Stitch Along
Beginning Monday, March 20, 2017, we will be doing another Stitch Along with our friends at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts.
For 3 weeks, we will be stitching together to create a wonderful extra soft baby blanket that is in the shape of a star combined with a unique ladder affect.
There are 6 colours within the Bernat Baby Bundle Yarns found at Jo-Ann. With 4 infused favourite baby yarns in the Bernat collection and beautifully coloured for today’s modern mom and trending colours.
See what your baby blanket could look like when you are done.
- Blanket’s Name: Magic Snowflake Crochet Blanket
- 46″ across the diameter of the star.
- Gauge = 7 sc and 8 rows
- Suggested Hook is 9 mm, Size M. However, gauge is really important due to the blanket being round.
How to Check Your Gauge
The following tutorial, filmed for this series is how to find the gauge, test your gauge and adjust your gauge to match the pattern.
- 4 Balls of Bernat Baby Bundle
- Size 9 mm or 10 mm, M or N Hook size. Gauge is important.
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
Each week, I will have a new set of instructions to work through this blanket together. You will check back right here on this blog for updates to the next set of instructions. Instructions will be included in written format, diagram format and video format so everyone can participate.
- Week 1 – March 20th – Center
- Week 2 – March 27th – Body
- Week 3 – April 3rd – Edging and Final Touches
Let’s begin to work on the center of the baby blanket. In week 1, we will cover the starting point and get your started. Once completed, keep it safely aside until next week.
- You will learn how to start the afghan and soon begin working on the chains that separate the star points. This chain will continue into week 2 and finalized in week 3. This chain is what is creating the ladder on the afghan. This is also known as Jacob’s Ladder.
Pattern is available in downloadable PDF Format. You can also print it. There are 2 pages. Written instructions also include the diagram as shown in the tutorial.
Click the Pattern to Get Week 1
You can also get the Bernat Baby Bundle Week 1 PDF Here if the picture doesn’t work for you. There are 2 pages for Week 1.
Click the Pattern to Get Week 2
You can also get the Bernat Baby Bundle Week 2 PDF Here if the picture doesn’t work for you. There are 2 pages for Week 2.
Baby Bundle Stitch Along: Week 2
You can also get the Bernat Baby Bundle Week 3 PDF Here if the picture doesn’t work for you. There is 1 page for Week 3.
Beginning on the last day of instructions on April 3, 2017, the challenge will open up until May 4, 2017. Once you are completed your blanket, snap a photograph of it and send it to me. I will provide the details the day this opens up.
We will collect and review your photos and put them into an official photo gallery. On May 10th, we will announce the lucky 5 winners. It is a random draw. The more blankets you complete, the more times you can enter. See details when submiting.
The winners will receive 4 balls of Bernat Baby Bundle Yarn to complete another blanket if they wish. Shipping to their home will be included as well.
Challenge for Entries
Each blanket you finish is a new entry. Watch out, especially on this pattern, the gauge using a 9 MM or Size M crochet hook. It’s important to SWATCH on this sample to check gauge before starting.
- Use any yarn you wish. Check gauge for all projects but especially if you are using multiple strands of yarn to get the gauge to work. If using multiple strands, you need to consider using 4 strands of 4 ply worsted yarn to get the similar thickness that Bernat Baby Bundle yarn has.
- You can use any colours you wish. Blankets can be multi-coloured if you prefer.
- Your afghan should measure close to 46″ diameter.
- When taking a photo, lay out the blanket flat.
- The pattern must be followed. After the pattern is completed, you can add on any other embellishments.
Once you email us your photo, we will take up to 4 days to inspect your photo. If there is a problem with the photo or we have questions, we will email you back.
After 4 days, if you don’t see your photo in the gallery, just email it to us again. Sometimes the email gets filtered.
You can check to see if your submission is entered into our gallery.
Guidelines and How to Enter
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may substitute your yarn for any brand or colors that you desire. You may create any color scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. The project must be showing all of the project for us to count rows in the picture to ensure the projects are complete. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
- The crocheter must have completed this pattern as is. The work of making these projects are fair and equal to all.
We are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
- The projects must be the same stitching as indicated in the pattern. Do not disqualify yourself by changing the pattern stitching. Submission of a project equivalent to the project but isn’t the same will not be accepted.
- Crocheters Choice: After your pattern instructions are complete, you may add embellishments, borders and etc to the pattern to push your creativity further.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- One random choice for each will be made at the end to select one winner. It’s a lottery system and everyone has a fair chance to win.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email to email@example.com.
- Use Subject Line: Baby Blanket
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from April 3rd – May 4, 2017. Winners will be drawn May 10th, 2017.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 4 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.