Bernat Baby Bundle Stitch Along
Beginning Monday, March 20, 2017, we will be doing another Stitch Along with our friends at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts.
For 3 weeks, we will be stitching together to create a wonderful extra soft baby blanket that is in the shape of a star combined with a unique ladder affect.
There are 6 colours within the Bernat Baby Bundle Yarns found at Jo-Ann. With 4 infused favourite baby yarns in the Bernat collection and beautifully coloured for today’s modern mom and trending colours.
See what your baby blanket could look like when you are done.
- Blanket’s Name: Magic Snowflake Crochet Blanket
- 46″ across the diameter of the star.
- Gauge = 7 sc and 8 rows
- Suggested Hook is 9 mm, Size M. However, gauge is really important due to the blanket being round.
- 4 Balls of Bernat Baby Bundle
- Size 9 mm or 10 mm, M or N Hook size. Gauge is important.
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
Each week, I will have a new set of instructions to work through this blanket together. You will check back right here on this blog for updates to the next set of instructions. Instructions will be included in written format, diagram format and video format so everyone can participate.
- Week 1 – March 20th – Center
- Week 2 – March 27th – Body
- Week 3 – April 3rd – Edging and Final Touches
Let’s begin to work on the center of the baby blanket. In week 1, we will cover the starting point and get your started. Once completed, keep it safely aside until next week.
- You will learn how to start the afghan and soon begin working on the chains that separate the star points. This chain will continue into week 2 and finalized in week 3. This chain is what is creating the ladder on the afghan. This is also known as Jacob’s Ladder.
Pattern is available in downloadable PDF Format. You can also print it. There are 2 pages. Written instructions also include the diagram as shown in the tutorial.
Click the Pattern to Get Week 1
You can also get the Bernat Baby Bundle Week 1 PDF Here if the picture doesn’t work for you. There are 2 pages for Week 1.
Click the Pattern to Get Week 2
You can also get the Bernat Baby Bundle Week 2 PDF Here if the picture doesn’t work for you. There are 2 pages for Week 2.
Baby Bundle Stitch Along: Week 2
You can also get the Bernat Baby Bundle Week 3 PDF Here if the picture doesn’t work for you. There is 1 page for Week 3.
More Projects Used in Stitch Alongs