New Michaels Store in Canada
October 2, 2015 rings in a brand new location for Michaels Stores in Canada. This newest location is opening its doors to the public in down town Toronto Ontario, Canada.
Located at 142 John Street, Toronto Ontario, Canada. This store is massive. Totaling over 32,000 sq ft with 3 stories. This is the very first Michaels Store in North America to have 3 stories. It’s fabulous and loaded up to satisfy the crafter’s cravings.
There is a celebration and the store is opening up super early in the morning to allow Torontonians to participate with their ceremony and be the first to take in the brand new store.
Store Promotion on Opening Day
- Street Crew: Michaels Tote Bag Giveaways (while supplies last)
- The first 100 customers in line will receive a complimentary Michaels Store Gift Card.
- Hourly Prizes
- Play Plinko at 1 pm.
- Meet Mikey and Diva Dan in the yarn section on Level 2.
- Happy Hooker Pin Giveaways to crocheters who tell Mikey they are a Happy Hooker.
- Plan to be early.
- 7:20 am – Street Meet & Facebook Live. Mikey and Diva Dan will be live in the street welcoming guests, snapping photos and filming live videos.
- 7:45 am – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony by Michaels Store Executive and Guests.
- 8:00 am – Store Opens
- Listen for Hourly Prizes. While supplies last.
- 8:00 am – 2 pm – Mikey Diva Dan, Mikey and Team Yarnspirations in the Yarn Section on Level 2. Yarnspirations will be showcasing the next Stitch-Along in store and you can see the model samples in person that we are doing at the end of October 2015. Tell Mikey you are a Happy Hooker and receive an official Crochet Crowd Pin. While supplies last.
- 1 pm – Select Customers will be invited to play Plinko to score some awesome prizes.
This is a massive store, bring your camera and be one of the first to take pictures and share with your friends. Be part of the fun and join us for the Michaels Store Grand Opening. As Michaels Store Slogan says, “Where Creativity Happens”®.
Below is a YouTube Video at a Michaels Store in Owen Sound, Ontario Canada. Meet Betty, shes’ a crafter at heart. She says crafting is an addiction but such a fun addiction. I love how in craft stores we can share our passion and be appreciative of the creativity we make.
Mikey and The Crochet Crowd are not related or affiliated to Michaels Stores. Mikey just happens to have the same name. This is our very first official appearance at a Michaels Store location. We are delighted to have been invited to celebrate this moment with them.