Our crochet along is being hosted by The Crochet Crowd. We will provide to you the weekly pattern and video tutorial that goes with the instructions.
This mystery will make an exceptionally great gift giving opportunity. There are not a lot of parts and you are welcome to complete many different versions during the mystery. In between the mystery weeks, we recommend you keep your Mystery Amigurumi is a bag / box safe with your yarn so you don’t loose any pieces.
- We will begin Tuesday, September 8th, 2015
- There is no sign up required and this is completely free to follow along.
- You can substitute your yarn is you wish. We withhold the colour as it’s a mystery. You have to take your chances which makes it part of the fun.
- There is no restrictions on how can participate.
- The mystery will run for 4 weeks with the patterns being released on Tuesdays.
- Once the final clue is released, you have to finish it and submit a picture via email to us.
- You will have until Oct 31, 2015 to submit a finished photo to us to be in our main gallery.
- We will select random photos of the WIPS to be featured on Facebook and our Newsletter throughout the mystery.
Our mystery amigurumi has been prepared by our friends, It’s 2 Kute Amigurumi, for the presentation. Kevin and Karen Price are amigurumi experts and have prepared the written pattern like you would typically see on websites where you can check off the boxes as you complete each step.
Week 1 – “I can swim and I am really good at it too!”
Week 2 – “I cannot walk backwards.”
Week 3 – “My stomach is like a cow but I don’t have udders.”
Week 4 – “A group of me is called a mob.”
To prepare for this mystery, you will need the following supplies:
- Size 3.5 mm – E Size Crochet Hook.
- Size 4.0 mm – G Size Crochet Hook.
- Bernat Super Value, 1 Ball for Main Colour of Amigurumi. We don’t share the colour as that’s part of the mystery. You can see by our other Mystery, Crochet Giraffes, that the wide arrangement of colours is so amazing. On in the end people realize what it is. You can substitute yarns if you wish.
- Very small amounts of other colours for accenting your Amigurumi. Consider your scrap yarn.
- Small bag of stuffing
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch Markers
- Introduction & Materials List
- Mystery Amigurumi Week: 1 of 4 PDF – Downloadable & Printable
- Mystery Amigurumi: Week 2 of 4 PDF – Downloadable & Printable
- Mystery Amigurumi: Week 3 of 4 PDF – Downloadable & Printable
- Mystery Amigurumi: Week 4 of 4 PDF – Downloadable & Printable
- Mystery Amigurumi: Final Assembly PDF – Downloadable & Printable
Photo Gallery Submissions
- You have until October 31, 2015 to submit us a finished photo of your completed project.
- Your project must be complete to qualify for our gallery. You have to have all of the components done as per the instructions.
- If you want to add on extra embellishments, you are welcome to do so.
- Please send a picture of each of your characters when sending us an email.
How To Submit Your Photo
Submitting for the Crochet Crowd Challenge is really easy.
Please email your photo to:
- Please use Subject Title: Mystery
- You must include your Full Name to qualify.
- Attach your photo(s).
If you have forgotten to include your name and have to resend, you must send in your photo again with your new email.
Give us a 4 day window to review and enter your photo into our challenge. Do not resubmit. We do not acknowledge the arrivals of each email, but you may check our assigned gallery to ensure we have received it. The galleries are in alphabetical order by the name you gave us.
To help avoid your email from being misdirected and hitting our junk box. You must use the subject title. We are not responsible for emails that are misdirected as a result of a submission not following this procedure. To protect our servers, we delete any emails that arrive that have no subject title to prevent malware and virus programs from our systems.
There will not be any prizes. This is a community stitch-along.
Video Tutorials – Week 1
Video Tutorials Week 2
Video Tutorials Week 3
Video Tutorials Week 4
Video Tutorial – Final Assembly Overview