Snuggle Up Fall Challenge
Crochet season is full swing this fall and what better way to snuggle up with Bernat Blanket Yarns. Easy to crochet and super thick to make crocheting quick and easy.
We have a fun challenge of 4 different projects that you can choose from. You may have already completed one of these projects already. So you will qualify whether you are just crocheting it now or just snapping a photo of something you may have already done.
With Michaels Stitch’n Win Opportunities. Specially marked Bernat Blanket Balls have a Stitch’n Win Opportunity. Prizes include
- 2 – Grand Prizes of a Caribbean Cruise.
- 20 – $500 Cash Prize
- 50 – $100 Michaels Gift Cards
- All Stitch’n Win have random prizes of 10%, 25% and 50% in all yarns marked with the logo of Stitch’n Win.
Crochet Challenge Prizes
- We have 4 Bernat Blanket Prize Packs to Win that will include an Official Crochet Crowd Yarn Tote and Crochet Crowd Pin. You will win the equivalent off the finished project. The projects have different yarn quantities, so when you enter your challenge for the project, you will win the yarn equivalent for that project. So you can either do another similar project or use the yarn however you wish.
The following is a link to the galleries to see what has been submitted. We need at least 4 days to process your finished photos. The galleries will be updated in alphabetical order by first name of the crocheter.
If you don’t see your submission after 4 days, email us again with your photo with your name and address.
If you wish to share in social media, please use our hashtags #makeitwithmichaels, #thecrochetcrowd and #bernatblanket.
Lush Life Afghan
The Lush Life Afghan consists of 6 Bernat Blanket Balls. 3 Balls each of 2 colours. It is rich with texture and an easy pattern to remember.
It highlights a room with an accenting afghan while keeping you cozy while watching TV. These also make for a great Christmas gift for someone you love too.
The Hibernate Blanket consists of 6 Bernat Blanket Balls. 4 Balls of 1 Colour, and 1 Ball of the other 2 colours. It’s using the moss stitch that you would find in garments and even projects like Planned Pooling.
As fall hits, our bodies with lack of sunlight tend to go into hibernation mode. As it cools down for the winter, you can hook this project up and keep cozy under it as it grows.
Another easy to remember pattern that is perfect for you or for gift giving.
Popcorn Snuggle Sack
No binging is complete without the savoury taste of buttery and salty popcorn this winter. This consists of 14 different sizes of Bernat Blanket Yarns to make this popcorn box. We will gift you enough yarn to do the adult size as shown in the picture.
Balls range from the 150 g to the 300 g depending on the colour. I personally have crocheted this from start to finish and absolutely loved it. I think this is so much cool and I enjoyed hooking it together.
Unicorn Snuggle Sack
For someone special in your life, how about the Unicorn Snuggle Sack. Where unicorn wishes may come true and faces with delight light up as you gift a completed Unicorn Snuggle Sack.
The sleepy unicorn is pretty simple to crochet and has the cutest and easiest locks for hair.
We will allow options to leave on or off the Unicorn Horn. Leaving off the horn reminds me of a Pony. If a child is asking for a pony and you know you won’t get them a pony. You can trick them with a Pony Snuggle Sack.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may substitute your yarn for any brand or colors that you desire. You may create any color scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. The project must be showing all of the project for us to count rows in the picture to ensure the projects are complete. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
- The crocheter must have completed this pattern as is. The work of making these projects are fair and equal to all.
If you are changing your hook size or yarn, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
- The projects must be the same stitching as indicated in the pattern. Do not disqualify yourself by changing the pattern stitching. Submission of a project equivalent to the project but isn’t the same will not be accepted.
- Crocheters Choice: After your pattern instructions are complete, you may add embellishments, borders and etc to the pattern to push your creativity further.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- One random choice for each OPTION will be made at the end to select one winner. It’s a lottery system and everyone has a fair chance to win.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email to email@example.com.
- Use Subject Line: Snuggle Up Challenge
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from Oct 13th – Nov 30th, 2017. Winners will be drawn Dec 4th, 2017.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 4 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.
We require at least 4 days of processing time to accept, review and enter your pictures into our official galleries. Unfortunately, due to things we cannot understand, we don’t always receive emails as our server may not receive your email and/or emails can get lost in cyber space. In the event after 4 days you don’t see your entry put into our gallery. Kindly email us back with the picture once again. If your entry doesn’t qualify, we will contact you. The chances of your picture not in our galleries is most likely your email not being received.
Galleries are in order of alphabet by the name you have given us. In galleries where submissions are low, you have better odds to win as there is less to do the random draw.