Chasing the Rainbow!
There is no denying the attraction of a rainbow. Put that rainbow into a project and it pops! Mikey posted about the fabulous colors offered in Bernat Super Value Yarn as seen on Yarnspirations, in his blog post last week. Rainbow Color Combination These yarns would be perfect for many of the projects I’m going to share.
This week I’ve been on quite the rainbow kick, and I have to tell you just looking at these colors make me smile. There’s just something about a rainbow.
First up is a fun summer project.
The Rainbow Mason Jar Hanger, is a fun way to add some rainbow color to your yard. It’s a very simple pattern that works up in under 2 hours. You can get the free pattern over at Frogging Along: Rainbow Mason Jar Hanger
Next we have the bag!
The Gradient Blocks Handbag by Blackstone Designs. Everyone loves a free pattern, however once in awhile you come across a pattern that is worth paying for. This bag falls into that category for me. Done up in bright colors this bag is an attention grabber! The pattern rates it at intermediate, but it easily walks a line between beginner and intermediate. It takes about 4 hours to work up. I spoke with Sonya and she is happy to offer a discount code for The Crochet Crowd! Use code: TCCLOVE15 and it will give you 35% of the handbag pattern. Offer good through June 14th, 2015.
And then some…
- Yarnspirations has a fun striped pattern for your phone or tablet and a dishcloth.
- Rainbow Stripes Table or Phone
- Over the Rainbow Dishcloth
- Sarah over at Repeat Crafter Me offers a free applique and ball pattern.
- Rainbow Applique
- Rainbow Balls
- Tamara over at Moogly offers up a free lanyard pattern.
- Rainbow Lanyard
- Okay you had to expect this one…what’s a rainbow without a unicorn?!
- ChiWei over at One Dog Woof has an adorable unicorn pattern she shares.
- Rainbow Cuddles Crochet Unicorn
And on and on…
There is no limit to what you can do. Try taking your favorite pattern and jazz it up in rainbow colors.
Do you have a favorite rainbow pattern? We’d love to hear about it!