Sparkling Grape Woven Scarf
These instructions are really simple. You will combine only two yarns together for this. The Red Heart Shimmer Yarn is going end to end. Bernat Mosaic Ninja Yarn is going across. You cannot switch these two yarns as the Bernat Mosaic Fibers will tangle. This can be completed on a 10″ or 15″ table top Weaving Loom by Schacht. The scarf is 8.0″ wide by 67″ Long without the tassels.
The Red Heart Shimmer yarn gives an artistic look of a hint of shimmering. The yarn transitions in the purple/pink hues. It appears to be hand painted. The transitioning of the Bernat Mosaic gives a unique look throughout the entire scarf.
10″ or 15″ Schacht Weaving Loom
- 1 Ball 3 oz or 85 g Red Heart Shimmer Yarn Purple Haze
- 1 Ball 3.5 oz or 100 g Bernat Mosaic Yarn Ninja
You will not use the entire ball for each of these two products; however, you should use a fresh ball to ensure you have enough.
- Feed Machine with Red Heart Shimmer to go approximately 8″ across the heddle. The warp length is 92″ from the warping peg to the back beam. You will not use the entire ball.
- Using Bernat Mosaic Ninja weave back and forth for the entire length. You will not use the entire skien
- Remove from loom and tie groups of vertical strings together in an overhand tie knot.
To maintain transition effect of the yarn, you must take the yarn from the Bernat Mosaic Yarn, form a smaller ball that you believe will fit onto the stick shuttle. Once you think you have the right amount, wrap the smaller ball of yarn onto the stick shuttle. YOU MUST DO IT THIS WAY. If you wrap transitional type of yarn directly onto the stick shuttle from the yarn ball, it will reverse your yarn transition to be backwards. It will cause your yarn transition to be out of order and your project will not have a soft flowing transition of colours.
I am not affiliated to Schacht nor is this a paid sponsors. I simply like using this machine and sharing some patterns that I have made on this machine.