Choose 1 of 3 Ways
Introducing the Button Up Cowl Pattern, a quick crochet challenge project. This project has been designed by Edie Eckman. When Edie designed this pattern, she made it very versatile to change up the project to be something entirely different.
Knowing that Edie made this pattern to be able to custom design the pattern to suit you needs, we are going to give you 3 options. Each option will score you a different number of entry points.
- Button Up Cowl – 1 Entry per Project
- Full Length Scarf – 2 Entries per Project
- Baby Afghan or Bigger – 6 Entries per Project
Read More for Challenge Guidelines and Rules
Purpose for Challenge
- How to be patient with yourself in following a pattern that may stretch your brain.
- You will exercise your personal creativity by crocheting an item.
- Part of the challenge is figuring out the stitch multiple counts when creating afghans and etc. You will need to figure out your own yarn ball quantities as part of this challenge.
Minimum Sizing for Entry Points
- Button Up Cowl, as stated in the Pattern – 29″ Long.
- Full Length Scarf – 6 Feet Long using the same width.
- Baby Afghan – 40″ Wide x 40″ Long or larger width or length.
Challenge is active between March 11th – April 15th, 2014.
Get the Free Pattern to Use. Download the Button Up Cowl Pattern.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members. There are no restrictions of country origin associated to our challenges. If you are a member of The Crochet Crowd, you may participate.
You may use any yarn you wish. I used Red Heart Boutique Treasure with my sample. You may substitute your yarn for any brand or colors that you desire. You may create any color scheme and use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
You may do as many projects as you wish. Each submitted project is considered a separate entry. If multiple entries are identitcal, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. The Cowl, Scarf or Afghan must be showing all of the project for us to count rows in the picture to ensure the projects are complete. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
If you are changing your hook size, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same. Even though your item may be bigger or smaller, we expect the same pattern to be followed. Changing the hook size doesn’t add or take away from the work involved in the stitches.
The projects must be the same stitching as indicated in the pattern. Do not disqualify yourself by changing the pattern stitching.
Crocheters Choice: After your pattern instructions are complete, you may add embellishments, borders and etc to the pattern to push your creativity further.
Challenge begins March 11th and ends April 15th, 2014 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time. All photos must be submitted during this time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
One random choice will be made at the end to select one winner. It’s a lottery system and everyone has a fair chance.
We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the gift bag.
Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 2 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
Photo Submissions Must be Emailed To Us
- Please Use Subject Line as: Spring Challenge
- Please tell us your name and address so we can identify the picture if you win.
- Photo will be checked to verify it meets the challenge requirements.
- Check the FLICKR GALLERY to ensure we have received your email and your photo submission is entered. It is your responsibility to check our gallery before we draw to ensure your picture has arrived and submitted to our gallery. Be sure to email us at the email above if you don’t see it within 2 days of submitting your photo and/or before the draw. We can check to ensure it’s not in our spam filter and/or have your resend the photo.
- Post your photo to our Facebook Wall if you would like others to see your creativity. We leave that to your discretion as we do not upload your photos.
- Posting your photos to our Facebook Wall doesn’t count as an entry. You must email it to us for us to review it and process it to our gallery.
- We will not switch the photo if you are unhappy with how it looks in the gallery, please ensure it’s the photo you definitely want featured is the only one sent.
- Your emails are kept on file for the duration of the challenge and then deleted afterwards. We do not add your email to our newsletter lists.
- We are not responsible for any emails that are not delivered to us before the due date.