- Hits: 480
Sugar Pop Baby's First Afghan
Square Afghan will measure approximately 39" square using 6 balls of 100 G or 3.5 OZ yarn balls. Use more balls if desired to be bigger.
Size G Crochet Hook or 4.5 MM
4 Balls - Bernat Baby Coordinates Yarn, 100 g or 3.5 oz Balls, used 2 Pink Parades & 2 Whites
2 Balls - Bernat Satin Yarn, 100 g or 3.5 oz Balls or light blue
Each colour has 2 rows before switching colours. The centre has a round middle instead of a conventional granny square look to it. You can change this to match your own personality or have one solid colour afghan. You're the artist, you decide.
- Ch 6 and join, ch 3 (counts as 1st dc) 15 dc and join to top of ch 3, 16 dc
- ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1) *dc, ch 1 in each dc around, be sure to count 16 or the next round will not match properly.
- Ch 3 and put 2 DC into the same space. *Ch1 and put 3 dc, in the second ch1 space on the previous row. Skip next Ch1 space and put 3dc, ch2, 3 dc, ch1 repeat *twice, sk space, 3 dc ch 1 and join.
- Change colour here by fastening off and casting on fasten on new colour. This keeps the centre being rounded in appearance. Ch 3, 2dc, ch 1, skip to next space *3 dc, ch 1, skip to next space 3 dc, ch1, 3dc, ch 2, 3dc, ch1 (corner made) continue from around and join, sl st to corner
- Every rotation, repeat step 4. Only change the colour when you desire it. Pattern shows the colours being 2 rows each for every colour before changing.
- Get to desired size and fasten off.