Coming July 1st, 2013 is the launch of the Summer Long Challenge with The Crochet Crowd. Though a lot of crocheters store their yarn and hooks over the summer, many crocheters hook all year long. I should know, I am one of them.
Challenge is July 1st, 2013 – September 2nd, 2013 (Labour Day)
We are currently doing a Cathy’s Hook Club Challenge with the Amazing Shawl. It’s now my turn for Mikey’s Afghan Club Challenge. That means it’s an afghan challenge.
Cathy and I decided to do an entire summer challenge for a few reasons:
- Many people emailed and left comments asking for the next challenge. We are going to keep the momentum going.
- We want you to enjoy your summer and not feel under the clock with having an afghan done in merely 4 weeks.
- Summer is usually about spending time with family and friends.
- We know it gets hot and there will be days where it’s just too hot to crochet.
We would like to be clear about one major change in this challenge:
- Due to summer usually being relaxed and fun. We wanted to open up the challenge for you to have a choice on the size afghans you crochet.
- Though the pattern calls for a certain size, we are going to allow the afghans to be submitted from minimum Baby Size of 36″ x 36″ all the way to King Size. You can decide for yourself which size afghan you will want to make. I will figure out the math for you to know what your starting chains should be. Like always, I will do my very best to get you the information you need.
- We realize that there may be an unfair advantage of people who can finish several baby size versions for the random draw. To compensate for this, Red Heart agreed that we could do three draws at the end to award three people with the stuffed Red Heart Yarn Tote. Remember, the draw is random. So it’s anyone’s opportunity to win the gift bags.
- You may use ANY YARN you wish. Though Red Heart is sponsoring us for the giveaway, they realize you have yarn stash.
- Anyone on Planet Earth qualifies. Sorry we are not shipping to Mars or Jupiter at this time.
No Advanced Warning:
- Due to the length of this challenge, I will not be giving a 15 day advance warning on the pattern or materials needed.
- The challenge is already 9 weeks long.
It’s about Community:
- Remember, our challenges are about community spirit of sharing our creations, encouragement and celebration.
- For each person that finishes an afghan, you are already a winner in finishing a fabulous project.
- The giveaways at the end are RANDOM DRAWS.
Posting your Afghans on Facebook:
- If you would like to feature your afghan on Facebook, it is up to you post it there. We do not upload any photos to Facebook.
- You may post your WIP (work in progress) photos and final projects. We love to see inspiration in the making.
Submitting your Afghan:
- When submitting your afghan via email to us at Challenge@TheCrochetCrowd.com be sure to tell us your name and address. We need this to identify your afghan at the end.
- We will then take your afghan photo and upload to our Flickr Page for everyone to see.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your afghan is in our gallery before the deadline of 11:59 pm on Labour Day, September 2nd, 2013.
All challenge details will be released on July 1st, 2013 on our Crochet Challenges Page on my Website. Stay tuned for further details.