Crocheting for the Little Super Hero in your Life
The big movie release today is Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, so this is a perfect time to crochet a fun super hero pattern.
It’s a bird, it’s a plane… nah… that’s the little one in your life having an amazing imagination. Oh to be a kid again when the land of wonder and ideas are possible.
Mikey was telling me the time he got Superman pj’s as a kid for Christmas. Oh boy, did his parents regret that. Suddenly he could fly and bounced all over the furniture but they let him go rangy so it would tucker him out and he would go to bed early!
My own son was a huge Superman fan too as he was growing up. The highlight of his childhood came when he had the lead in the high school play and portrayed a kid who was obsessed with Superman. Perfect! I will be babysitting my little granddaughters this weekend while my son and his wife are seeing the big movie release this weekend. I’m sure he will be pulling for Superman all the way.
In today’s round up, hook up some playful ideas and inspire the inner child within.
- Superhero Afghan: Superman Block – this pattern is a graph for a block that could be made into a blanket.
- Superhero Afghan: Batman Block – and here is the matching Batman block.
- Superman Scarf – no graph, but it’s a well written pattern.
- Batman Scarf & Beanie – same scarf but includes a matching hat.
- It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, it’s a Beanie! – great beanie style hat.
- Holy Julie Newmar Batman! – I love this one; going on my must make list!
- Super Buddy – Kid Hero – super cute amigurumi 18” doll.
- Bat Buddy – Kid Hero – and the matching bat version of the 18” doll.
- Superhero Dream Catcher Afghan – create this super web for your favorite spider fan!
- Patriotic Buddy – Kid Hero – amigurumi doll
- Superhero cape – for the Batman lover
So who is the winner? Well my pick is Wonder Woman! Here is a fun 18” SuperGal doll.
Have a Super Day!
Be creative! 🙂 – Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd