Veterans & Remembrance Day
This special day is celebrated each year on November 11th because it is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918.
This is a day to celebrate the soldiers who are still alive and served in the forces at anytime, during peace or war.
So today, be sure thank a Veteran for all the freedoms you enjoy.
Here are a few USA and Canadian patterns that Laura Jean and I put together for you to enjoy.
- American Stars & Squares beautiful afghan pattern by our own Mikey.
- Wavy American Flag stunning tribute afghan to the American flag.
- American Freedom Scarf really nice infinity scarf pattern.
- American Flag Headband quick and easy project.
- Patriotic American Flag Hat sized for 9-12 months, but you should be able to use THIS GUIDE to make to it fit any size head.
- American Flag Dishcloth a quick project to use up your cotton scraps.
- American Flag Cozy bonus this link includes a recipe for Apple Dumpling Pie in a Jar.
- American Flag Wreath nice wreath to use on several American holidays.
- Americana Pillow because you can never have too many pillows in your home.
- Canada Peak Hat nice hat project with a video from Mikey.
- Maple Leaf Banner another one that include an easy to follow video.
- Remembrance Poppy and Tutorial written pattern and video from Mikey.
- Amigurumi Soldiers Remembrance Day soldiers 8 inches tall
- Amigurumi bear with clothing from Sharon Ojala – Amigurumi To Go
- Poppy Wreath make a beautiful poppy wreath crocheted or knitted.
- 12 inch square Maple Leaf would make a great throw.
Be creative! 🙂 – Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd