We are in the preliminary process of planning another mystery afghan for later this year. It takes about 6 months of planning to make it happen.
While watching the Crochet Mystery Afghan that is currently running, many people have come forward and said what they prefer. With thousands of comments left all over the place on our Facebook, I have created this article for those who would like to share an opinion on types of afghans or mysteries they would like to see.
So have your say by leaving a comment on this blog post below. Keep in mind that Mystery Crochet Alongs are completely optional and we understand some people just don’t like them at all. Our goal is to create a new mystery with a wishlist in mind so we can design something fun as well as educational.
Questions to Consider
- Of the Yarnspirations Yarn Lines, which yarns would you prefer to see in a Mystery. Caron, Bernat, Lily and Patons are the choices of brand but tell us more specifically which lines under the brand you most prefer. (Remember, we do allow yarn substitutions with our crochet alongs)
- Colours… what kind of colours do you most prefer? Are you a country, contemporary, bright, neutral or anything goes?
- What sizes of afghan do you prefer? Would you like to see throw sizes or bigger? Or an option to make it bigger if we designed something that has flexible options.
- How long should the crochet along be and maybe share how big of steps do you prefer each week?
- What makes you give up on a crochet along the most? Biggest reason?
- Would you like the design to include features that are outside your comfort zone for style or prefer something predictable and everyday look or appeal?
- What time of year would you prefer a crochet along be?
If you have any other constructive feedback, we are all ears. In fact, if you have any other comments that would allows us to put together a nice wishlist, we would love it.
Just keep in mind that your feedback will be taken into account and weighed against the educational balance. We may use your ideas or adapt them in some way.
Let’s brainstorm together. Please leave your comments below. If you have constructive feedback to elabourate on an idea that someone has already posted, click reply to the post to keep the comments grouped together.