- Hits: 207
Whimsical Felted Flowers Pattern
The felted flower will measure approximately 3.5" diameter. Before felting is 5" diameter
Size K Crochet Hook or 6.5 MM
2 balls of your choice of colours. To felt you will need 100% Wool. I recommend Patons Classic Wool 100 g or 3.5 oz balls.
Picture on right has the flowers done before the felting process. You can get an idea of shrinkage factor using this photo.
- CH 4 and Join with SL ST to the BEG CH to form ring.
- CH 3 and then DC 11 Times around The Ring. SL ST to the top of the BEG CH.
- * CH 5, SK First stitch and SC into the next. Repeat from * all the way around. On the last SC, secure to the base of the BEG CH 5.
- Fasten off.
- Fasten on New Colour to any one of the 6 loops. *In the same loop use the looping string to hold the stitches. Crochet around the loop and not into the stitches. 1 SC, 1 HDC, 3 DC, 2 TRC, 3 DC, 1 HDC, 1 SC. Jump immediately to the next loop and repeat from *. On the last loop, SL ST to the beg SC to ensure the flower colour goes all the way around without a gap showing.
- Fasten Off.
- Throw flowers into washer with an old pair of jeans. Add 1 Table Spoon of Detergent or Baking Soda. Wash at maximum hot and Cold Rinse.
- Pull flowers out and shape them. Set in an area to dry. I'm not telling you to do this but what I do to dry them faster is put them on top of a furnace register on the floor so the heat of the house will blow through the flower and dry it quicker.
- Expect flower to shrink more when drying.