Crochet a Pair of Fingerless Gloves
I know there are a lot of people who say, what’s the point of fingerless gloves? Well, if you work at a keyboard all day, fingerless gloves are a lifesaver! I started wearing them myself when I worked in a warehouse. It was so drafty and my hands were always cold. This way before I ever thought to crochet my own hand warmers, so I would buy those really stretchy gloves and cut the fingertips off to be able to type. Even now, I work inside an office building that is still chilly because of the equipment that I work with. Electronics like cold air, but I really don’t like it.
I also know a lot of people who are addicted to texting and if you are wearing full gloves, the keypad usually won’t work. Fingerless gloves are perfect to keep you online while keeping your hands warm at the same time.
I have found 31 fabulous patterns. Most of these will only a few hours to make, so think ahead now as gift-giving season is right around the corner!
Get Hooked on Fingerless Mitts!
- Prairie Arm Warmers – a trendy pair of armwarmers.
- Pokeball Inspired Fingerless Gloves – a must-have for Pokeman Go players.
- Vintage Fingerless Gloves – very elegant featuring V-stitches.
- Clown Gloves – because everyone loves clowns!
- Fingerless Gloves with Basket Weave Stitch – thick and cozy to keep you warm.
- Anna’s Fingerless Mittens – a very feminine looking pair for chilly days.
- Arrow Tails Fingerless Gloves – these have a really interesting color design.
- Madly in Love Mitts – features a puff stitch and a gorgeous braid cuff.
- Chevron Lace Mitts – sized for toddlers or adults.
- Bernat Fingerless Gloves – has a tutorial from Yarnspirations – women size
- Patons Fingerless Gloves with matching beret.
- Pacific Sunset Mitts – self-striping yarn makes these oh so pretty.
- Starburst Granny Square Arm Warmers – simple ribbing on the underside of the grannys make these easy to fit.
- Spakler Mitts – super fun design using short row technique.
- Waved Arm Warmers – very elegant and classy.
- Boho Granny Square Fingerless Gloves – cute little gloves to add a splash of color on your hands.
- Lace Shell Fingerless Mittens – super quick for a last minute gift.
- A Kingdom Far, Far Away – perfect for a princess.
- Floating Petals Fingerless Gloves – interesting stitch that resembles floating petals.
- Chunky Fingerless Gloves – got to love a chunky mitt.
- Diamonds & Gems Fingerless Gloves – includes a pattern for matching boot cuffs.
- Wrist Warmers in Half Doubles – a simple classic.
- Octavo Fingerless Glove – this stunning pair reminds me of freeform crochet.
- Sweet Delight Fingerless Gloves – a small pair that’s just enough.
- Tibbi’s Crocheted Fingerless Gloves – an openwork design that will work up quickly.
- Clair Fingerless Mittens – interesting double layer design.
- Olaf Gloves – so your hands won’t get Frozen. 😉
- Cat Paw Hand Warmers with Fur – this will make your kitty purr.
- Warm & Simple Fingerless Gloves – sometimes simple is all you need.
- Rainbow Owl Fingerless Gloves – just plain fun!
- Cable Wrist Warmer – the cables give these a warm cozy feeling.
Mikey has a few tutorials for fingerless gloves.
Links for the Patterns in the Videos:
- Fingerless Gloves Wristers Check out the Flickr Gallery.
- Sport Wristers
- Long Wavy Wristers
- Final Video has no pattern but is so simple. It’s Mikey’s design.
Be creative! 🙂 – Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd