Crochet Baby Blanket
Another favourite yarn by new mothers is Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn. Very thick to the touch and projects whip up so quickly. It’s called Candy-ghan due to the colours reminding Mikey of Candy Floss. There are a lot of different colours to choose from in this yarn line. Mikey has whipped up a video tutorial for this project as well. When completed, this afghan will be about 32″ square.
Square Afghan will measure approximately 32″ square using 2 balls of 300 G or 10.5 OZ yarn balls. Use more balls if desired to be bigger.
More Crochet Patterns to Consider
- Crochet Mountain Mist Chevron Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Simple Texture Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Valentines Throw Pattern
- Crochet Baby Bundle Blanket Pattern
- 6 Crochet Everybody Wave Patterns
- Crochet Modern Granny Scarf Pattern
- Loopy Pillow To Crochet Pattern
This is a super-fast project and a 32″ square afghan will take about 3 hours to complete. It’s approximately 1.5 hours per ball.
Yarn is Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn. Pattern and tutorials are done using Pitter Patter colour.
Size N hook or 10 MM
2 Balls – Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn, 300 G or 10.5 OZ Balls or 7 Balls of Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn that is 100 g or 3.5 oz.
- CH 4 and SL ST to the BEG chain to form a ring.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 2 DC into the ring. CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 1 DC into the corner gap under the CH 3, * DC into each ST. On corner gap, 2 DC, 1 CH, 2 DC into the space spot. Repeat from * all the way around. The final corner will have 2 DC, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- Repeat Step 3 – 12 Times. Each rotation will get bigger and more space between the corners.
- Fasten Off – There is enough yarn to do a total of 15 Rounds using 2 balls. Add more balls if you would like it bigger.