Christmas Wave Afghan Pattern
Want a new afghan for your holiday decor? Look no further as this Christmas Wave Afghan is really quite lovely. Easy to follow along directions are included below. Here's a little secret though, you can change the yarn and colours and come up with other concepts for the same pattern. Creativity is subjective and doesn't limit yourself to do as Mikey does. Follow what makes you happy!
Size K Crochet Hook or 6.5 MM
1 Ball = 5" in height - Bernat Holiday Yarn 100 g or 3.5 oz balls and Bernat Super Value Yarn 197 g or 7 oz Balls. Colour used was Super Value White and Red & Green from Bernat Holiday Yarn. I recommend 6 balls each of the Red & Green and 2 or 3 of the Super Value White. The Value white is only 1 line across.
Decide your length in inches and divide by 5. This will give you the number of balls you need. Afghan design is 59" across.
This pattern is in sets of 14 chains. Meaning that 14 chain stitches between the repeat of the pattern exist. In the afghan shown, there are 15 sets of 14 chain stitches. At the end of the line, you will add 2 chains.
- Chain 14 = 1 set, repeat Chain 14 over and over until you get your desired width. This afghan has a total of 15 Sets. At the desired length, add 2 stitches.
- Skip 2 CH (counts as 1 DC), 2 DC into the next CH, * 1 DC into the next 3 CH, using next 3 stitches create DC3TOG, using the next 3 stitches create DC3TOG, 1 DC into the next 3 CH, 3DC in the next 2 chains. Repeat from * all the way to the end. End last stitch with 3DC.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 DC), 2 DC into the 1st stitch. *1 DC into the next 3 stitches, Using next 3 stitches create DC3TOG, using the next 3 stitches create DC3TOG. 1 DC into each of the next 3 stitches, Next two stitches get 3DC each, repeat from * all the way to the end. The final stitch ends with 3DC.
- Chain Colors as often as you want. You can eliminate or add more colours.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you get your desired length.
- Fasten off.
- Water Waves Throw Crochet Pattern
- Wave Stitch
- Crocheted Textured Chevron Throw Pattern
- Crochet Gigi Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Holiday Balls Throw Pattern