Ponchos and Wrap Patterns
Mikey was very busy at The Crochet Crowd yesterday and I was inspired by ponchos.
First the day started with the Mystery Amigurumi Crochet Along kicking off. Mikey will be posting clues every Tuesday for 4 weeks to make something fun at the end. I have a guess, but we will all just have to wait and see. Jump in anytime and if you need any help, join our Crochet-Along Crochet Crowders Facebook group. There are already several photos of colorful parts on display in the group.
Next the Mikey Magazine came out and it was bigger and better than ever. So much inspiration using the Bernat Big Blanket yarns. I really love this stuff. It’s so easy to work with and projects work up so quick. Any of those projects would be great to add to your crocheting for Christmas gift list.
Finally in the magazine and on the Facebook wall, we find out that a Culture Club Stitch-Along will begin September 29th. The Globetrotter Shawl looks amazing and I cannot wait to learn these new stitches. This elegant shawl is part of a new collection at Yarnspirations. Even though it’s so cool and unique, it was another item in the collection that really caught my eye… the Tweed Under Wraps poncho. With cooler weather coming soon, I just want to wrap up in this beauty and crochet the afternoon away.
Cozy up with one of these fun patterns:
- Tweed Under Wraps Very trendy new look for fall.
- Candy Corn Poncho Perfect for fall by Vickie Howell.
- Striped Cozy Poncho Two colorful rectangles make this super easy.
- Midnight Breeze Shawl A beautiful prayer shawl using self-striping yarn.
- Poncho Set Cute set for a little girl and a matching one for her doll.
- Groovy Granny Poncho Cozy and quick using bulky yarn.
- Molly Poncho A scrap poncho to inspire your own creativity.
- Aran Poncho Many beautiful stitches in this one to keep you warm.
- Flower Motif Ponchette Big flower motifs for a different look.
- Gaucho Features a detachable collar and fringe.
- Unique Lace Poncho The colors really pop on one this one using Unique yarn.
Be creative! 🙂 – Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd