Crochet Simple Dishcloth
Learn to crochet a simple dishcloth. This pattern is designed for beginners to be successful and with a video tutorial below.
More Dishcloth Ideas
- Crochet Round Dishcloth
- Crochet Triangle Dishcloth
- Crochet Scrubbing Dishcloth
- Crochet Pinwheel Dishcloth
- Crochet Crossroads Mandala Dishcloth
For kitchen projects, it’s recommended to use only 100% cotton yarns such as Lily Sugar’n Cream and Bernat Handicrafter Yarn. Acrylic will not work for this application.
Create a slip knot, then chain 32.
- Half Double Crochet (HDC) in 3rd chain from the hook. Then HDC across the chain. Turn. (30 sts across)
- Ch2, then HDC into the same stitch as chaining, then HDC into each stitch across. Turn. (30 sts across)
- Repeat row 2 for 14 more rows for a total of 16 rows. Fasten off and weave in ends.
For optional border: Fasten on yarn in corner, of top edge. Ch 1, then single crochet twice into the same space. Single crochet across top edge to next corner. Make corner with 2 sc, Ch 2, 2 sc . Now working up side equally spaced single crochet stitches. Don’t rush the process and look for areas to slide in your stitches. Make corner with 2 sc, ch 2, 2 sc. Sc along the bottom edge to next corner. Make Corner. Going up the last side equally space as before. Final Corner is 2 sc, ch 2 then sl st to starting ch. Fasten off and weave in ends.
This is an older crochet tutorial and a left handed version is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.