Halloween Crochet Patterns
This yarn is priced around the $6.29 USD mark. What you may not know, this yarn is considered Chunky Weight Level 5. Speaking from first hand experience, it is thicker and warmer to wear. Some people jump to conclusions that it is overpriced but it is a chunky weight and it does have the added filament of being reflective. Being chunky weight, it will be a warmer hat than traditional 4 Ply Level 4 Yarns such as Super Saver Economy or Red Heart With Love.
Getting kids to wear winter gear is hard enough. With the Reflective Yarn, it puts cool back into being warm for the winter. Kids these days have cell phones and because this yarn is novelty, it’s a hat to show off with pride instead of hiding it away in the school bag.
Red Heart has been busy launching new Halloween Themed Projects over the past week. Let’s examine several of them. I will give you a quick blurb on what I think.
In the Costume Halloween Department
- Creepy Eyes Bag (see on right) – Super easy to make. I crocheted a version of this in about 3 – 4 hours. It really hooks up quick. The back lights up as it’s reflective.
- Glam Black Cat Hat (seen in intro) – Even when reflective, the hat’s black and pink tones really catches the eye. It’s chunky weight bulky 5 and it’s warm. Great pattern generally for those who prefer their hats to be a bit more funky.
- Pumpkin Face Bag – I’m making a tutorial for this bag. I cannot believe how fast it went. It lights up as it’s reflective as well. Even without the light up feature, the orange is exceptionally vibrant.
- Snow Princess Tiara & Wand Set – I really love how tall the tiara is. It reminds me of Miss America where the crowns are seriously eye catching and glamorous. The wand matches the Tiara as well. It’s a very simple pattern but may make you the super hero of the child who you will gift with this project.
- Snow Princess Dress – Complete the outfit of a Snow Princess with this dress. It has some features that are in the Tiara and Wand in order to complete the look. Sorry my friends, the pattern for the bag is knitted.
- Medieval Prince – This is a large combo pack of patterns all rolled into one terrific outfit. For those that you that may remember, this wasn’t a free pattern. New this season, the pattern is being offered for free by Red Heart. This set comes with patterns for the shin guards, wristers, belt, body armour and helmet with crown. Did you notice something about the helmet? The helmet is designed with kid’s warmth in mind. Halloween here in the north can be really cool, I’ve even seen it snow on Halloween before. Great hat to complete the pattern.
- Jittery Stripes Hat and Matching Scarf – Perfect unexpected colour combination that is really cool. I’ve got my eyes on this pattern. I like to be a different and wear things that set myself apart from the rest.
- Mask Gone Batty – Trendy for young adults looking to make a grand entrance to a Halloween party.
- Monster Face Crochet Sweater – Simple sweater with a monster design in the front. You can use this sweater for other designs to. Just don’t bother to do the monster face. Showing up at Christmas dinner with this sweater may give the wrong impression on how you feel about visiting the inlaws. 🙂
In the Decor Department for Halloween
- Halloween Lace Pumpkin Pattern (on right) – Reminds me of Ikea or a boutique decor shop like Pier 1 or Home Sense. You can buy fake pumpkins at places like Michaels Stores and then add your own personal touch. I think they are pretty neat.
- Spiders Climbing Walls – Simple spiders to spruce up your Halloween mansion.
- Creepy Spider Garland – Easily made with Red Heart Fizzle Yarn. The Fizzle Yarn has a natural garland look to it and it doesn’t take much to work it up. You simple chain the Fizzle Yarn into strips that are 4 yards long. Doesn’t get any simpler.
- Spider Web Table Topper – Neat idea for covering a table for serving at the front door or even for a just accenting your home with a fun Halloween feel.
- Crafters Halloween Wreath – Easy Pom Pom Idea. I did find the black birds at Michaels Stores the other day.
- Halloween Party Banner – I think I would change the game plan on these 3 mini appliques that are a pumpkin, skull and bat. Each are quirky. I would make them as fridgies instead.
- Crochet Halloween Throw – Black, green and orange with cats, bats and pumpkin appliques. The squares are really simple and this definitely screams Halloween.
- Spider Web Coasters and Table Center – It’s not as hard as it looks. In fact, because there are so many chains involved, I suspect it would hook up real quick.
- Halloween Puppets – The stars of this puppet show are a bag, ghost and pumpkin. Telling the story of Halloween. Great idea of kids to express their imagination and be creative at the same time.
- Spiderweb Halloween Wreath – Using Sashay Team Spirit Yarn, you can create these really neat wreaths and let the yarn do most of the work for you. Each to make, easy to assemble and you will have a wreath in no time.