Free Crochet Patterns
The following list is in alphabetical order by Category of where the patterns can be found. For items where the picture doesn’t match the category, it means there are patterns inside the category that have a mix of projects.
Crochet is our specialty, so we obviously concentrate on crochet the most here on The Crochet Crowd.
- If you find a broken link within an article. Please leave us a comment in the article for us to find and address. Thanks.
Articles inside each category are in order of the newest to the oldest.
The Stitch is Right Crochet Wave Game
Play The Stitch is Right with The Crochet Crowd. A crochet game that involves wave/chevron afghans where the final project is up to how you spin.
How it works is that you pick up to 10 colours. You spin the 3 wheels and it will give you a set of instructions. Follow the instructions and then return back when complete and spin again for your next set of instructions. You keep coming back to spin until your project is completed.
- Accessories / Misc
- Adult Clothing
- Afghan Patterns
- Baby Booties
- Bags & Purses
- Books, eBooks & Reviews
- Corner to Corner (C2C) Designs
- Crochet Graph Letters
- Granny Squares
- Hats & Gloves
- Holiday & Special Occasions
- Home Decor Ideas
- Jewelry Making
- Kitchen Projects
- Knitting Patterns
- Newsletters with Free Patterns
- Sequence Textured Stitches
- Toddler + Bigger Kids
- Tunisian Crochet
- Waves, Zig Zags & Chevrons
- Weaving Loom Free Patterns
We are an avid believer for charity which includes crochet projects and time that crocheters put towards helping charity. Whether it be helping out in a soup kitchen, being a helper in a marathon or even putting your hook into motion to help others with items like hats and afghans. The reward for helping others is something beyond measure.
We have two resources to help you with your charity ideas.
Our biggest strength is showing you how to make patterns through our free video tutorials. Currently, we have nearly 1500 free projects to work on. The list below is organized by categories. In each video description, there is a link to get the free pattern that is demonstrated inside.
We now have over 250 videos that are closed captioned for the hearing impaired or for those who wish to watch tutorials without sound. View all of our Closed Caption Tutorials. In order of latest video added to collection.
- Afghans and Blankets
- Amigurumi / Dolls
- Baby Blankets
- Baby & Toddler Size
- Baby Blanket Sampler Square Projects
- Baby Booties
- Baby Dresses & Sweaters
- Beginners Tutorials
- Bernat Blanket Yarn Projects
- Bloopers & Outtakes
- Corner to Corner
- Globe Trotter Shawl Project
- Graphgans Introductory Series
- Granny Squares
- Hats with Visors
- Home Decor
- How to Read Crochet Patterns
- Left Handed Crochet Projects
- Spiral Granny Square Afghans
- Stars & Star Stitches
- Stitch-cation Summer Sampler
- Stitches & Stitch Samplers
- Summer Throw Crochet Along
- Super Scarves
- Tartan / Plaid Projects
- Waves / Chevrons & Ripple Projects
Special Collections of Video Tutorials
- What Are Afghan Sizes, Starting Chain Counts and More
- How Yarn is Made Series
- Baby Shower Gifts (special selection)
- Beach and Summer Inspired Projects
- Just For Boys / Men
- Caron Cakes Projects
Graphghan & Picture Afghans Resources
- Free Graph-ghan Tutorials by Mikey
- Stitch Fiddle – Crochet, Knitting and Embroidery Graphs. Also free Crochet Diagram Makers… you know the ones with the symbols.
- Pattern Wizard Graph Maker – Free graph maker with your own pictures.
- Linda’s Yarn Art – $8 – $12 Customized Pictures and more.
- Graphghans.com – $3 – $45 Customized Pictures and more.
- Crochet by Numbers – $50 – $100 Any Picture to Graph Pay Service
- Yarn Hookers Pre-made Graphs – $2 – $7 Pay per Graph, no customizing with real photos.
- Momma’s J.A.M. Pack – About $5 per word chart Crochet Word Charts for Pictures, some customizing with graphics but no pictorial graphs.
- C2C Graphs – About $5 or more for fun traditional and whimsical images for producing graphghans with Corner to Corner Concept. Graph and written instructions are provided.