How To Post Pics to The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page?
Posting and viewing photos by fans of The Crochet Crowd is really easy. This article covers the desktop version of our Facebook. For mobile apps or other devices, the view of our Facebook Page may be different. We love to see creativity hard at work and take opportunity everyday to feature crocheters who post their WIPS and finished projects to our pages. It’s a random opportunity for a feature.
We have established community guidelines in place to protect our community. We monitor the posts to our page and take action when necessary if a post is intended with spammy comments, soliciting or questionable content.
The Main Reasons Why You Cannot Post
- You might not have ‘liked’ our page and therefore not a participant within our page.
- Your personal profile on Facebook has privacy settings in place. For example, if photos you post are not appearing on our wall, it means your photos have been set to private and therefore cannot appear on a public wall such as The Crochet Crowd. Check your privacy settings.
- Should you still not be able to post, you can search and use the Facebook Help Center to find solutions.
For legal reasons, we will not download and re-upload photos that don’t belong to us where there is not an established contract in place. This protects us from copyright claims.
How to Post to The Crochet Crowd
On the top of the page under the main picture cover is the Status Box. You can do two options:
- You can post a comment or update.
- You can upload 1 picture at a time by clicking Photo/Video to attach a photograph with your update. Facebook, for the pages such as ours, does not allow users to do multiple uploads at one time.
When you press enter, the comment / picture will move to a new section in our page called Visitor Posts.
Once you have posted, your post will be instantly seen on our Main Page and in the Visitor Post Section.
The Visitor Posts are on the left hand side, partially the way down the page. The latest 3 posts are visible for us to see. However, there is a ton of visitor updates everyday. To view those, simply click the Visitor Posts Title and a new mini screen will open up.
In the middle of the screen will be a new mini screen. It will show you approximately 5 – 10 visitor posts at one time. To see more, scroll all the way down and click ‘See More Stories’. This will open up the next wave of visitor posts. You can like, comment and share what you see.
The visitor posts are in order in which they are posted.
A Quick Way to See Photos by our The Crochet Crowd and/or Members
Our team uses this option to quickly scroll through posts to ensure there is no questionable content that is not respecting our community guidelines.
On the main page, you will find menu options under the main picture. Do you see Photos? Click it!
A new page featuring just photos will appear. You have two options:
- The default is the middle ‘photos’. These are photos that are posted by us here at The Crochet Crowd.
- If you click, Photos Posted to The Crochet Crowd, those are all of the photos that were attached in the visitor posts. They are in chronological order of when they are posted. You can quickly scroll through to see stuff you like. If you click any of the photos, the information that the Visitor Made while posting the photo is view able and you can see all of the comments, likes and shares.
Home Page on Facebook Feature
- Daily, we select photos from Recent Posts by Others to feature.
- When we do a feature, it puts a duplicate post on our page carrying over your information and photo. Comments, likes and posts are added to your original post.
- If you have ‘uploaders remorse’ where you regret the photo, you can simply remove your photo and it will remove your feature immediately.
- We do not upload photos for our fans or make any side deals to automatically feature photos. We love how this is random and unexpected. It keeps it being a fair chance for anyone to be featured.
Good Practices for Using Facebook
- The Crochet Crowd Facebook is for all Crochet Crowd Members.
- We have established community guidelines for what can and cannot be posted. Due to the size of our community, we have the best interests of the community as our base to protect.
- If you have found The Crochet Crowd and see us as a sitting target to sell or using luring tactics… you won’t be a member for long as we have a zero policy form these sorts of activities on Facebook. The majority of our community expects this of us.
- The Crochet Crowd never goes onto other Facebook Pages to solicit likes or ask to gain subscribers… we expect the same courtesy in return.