Mikey mixed two yarns by Bernat together to create a cute pattern. He used the Baby Coordinates and Satin Yarn to provide an elegant traditional crochet baby blanket. These little blankets are durable and will keep baby warm. The final afghan will measure about 39″ across when completed.
Square Afghan will measure approximately 39″ square using 6 balls of 100 G or 3.5 OZ yarn balls. Use more balls if desired to be bigger.
Size G Crochet Hook or 4.5 MM
- 4 Balls – Bernat Baby Coordinates Yarn, 100 g or 3.5 oz Balls
- 2 Balls – Bernat Satin Yarn, 100 g or 3.5 oz Balls
Afghan is smaller in this photo than the finished size as this pattern indicates. This photo is to give you a representation on how subtle and sweet the colours are. Normal baby afghans measure about 38″ – 40″ in size.
Each colour has 2 rows before switching colours. You can change this to match your own personality or have one solid colour afghan. You’re the artist, you decide.
- CH 4 and SL ST to the BEG chain to form ring.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 2 DC into the ring. CH 1, 3 DC into the Ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 1 DC into the corner gap under the CH 3, * DC into each ST. On corner gap, 2 DC, 1 CH, 2 DC into the space spot. Repeat from * all the way around. Final corner will have 2 DC, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- Change colour if desired by fastening off and casting on new colour. Repeat Step 3 until your blanket gets to 38″ – 40″ square. Each rotation will get bigger and more space between the corners.
- Fasten Off – Add more balls if you would like it bigger.