A Year of Yarnspirations Begins
Beginning today, I am now the International Spokesperson for Yarnspirations.com. This is a unique role, unlike any other roles in the I have ever had. For The Crochet Crowders, you will still continue to have The Crochet Crowd function as usual. My mission is to continue free consumer education in the form of video tutorials, editorial content creation and create fun crochet programming for crocheters. It’s a lot of work but I am definitely up for the challenge.
Behind the scenes, Daniel and I have been working hard professionally to take more time to learn more techniques such as graphic design, production planning & filming, editing and over all presentation enhancements. You will notice the first video out today, it’s a new year for The Crochet Crowd with a fresh presentation and new feel to the video tutorials.
Our videos will have a new look and feel. Check out the Welcome Video below.
What’s Coming this Year?
A Few Highlights to Start 2015
- Beginning today, we are kicking off our new year with the Women’s Peaked Hat Challenge. Vintage made new again. Get involved in our month long challenge and get all the information you need at http://crochetchallenges.com.
- A new action packed crochet mystery is coming. Stay tuned on January 13th. We will reveal the materials required and we officially pull out our magnifying glasses and solve the crochet mystery together beginning Feb 3rd. What do you think it could be this time?
- We have a great mix of new tutorials.
- The 2nd Annual Crochet Cruises begins Feb 7th for Cruise #1 and Feb 14th for Cruise #2. While on board Carnival Glory, 200 crocheters will assemble and hook the high seas with us. We would like to take this opportunity to really thank Yarnspirations.com for helping us put together the Hooker’s Sailing Kits. Each cruiser is receiving all of their course materials, which includes yarn and extra gifts just for attending. On top of that, there’s more with Dela Wilkins, The Railway Knitter, and myself hosting workshops on board. For more information about The Crochet Cruises, please visit our website. Next registration for 2016 Crochet Cruises opens in March. Http://crochet-cruises.com
- Granny finds herself going on adventure after appearing on stage at the local craft show. But why is she going on adventure? Stay tuned in March for the Adventures of Granny-Jane Squares.
We will be transforming our newsletters to a new digital magazine format beginning in January. With 6 months of preparation and steep learning curves, we are ready to roll out our new free magazine simply called Mikey. This magazine will be produced by Daniel and I.
Our theme is basic: For the Everyday Crocheter, Inspired by The Everyday Crocheter. While many crochet magazines tend to be elite, our focus is for our crochet community pertaining to our Facebook and other influences that are trending. Real projects for real people. Each edition will have free patterns, many pictures of our fans’ projects and updates of trending ideas and events.
Join The Crochet Crowd in 2015 for an exciting year of all new projects and fun community minded programming. We are continually working hard to make our favourite hobby the best part of a crocheter’s day.
Thank you for trusting in our community and following along with our antics on Facebook.
Happy Hook’n and the Very Best to You for 2015,