Crochet Spring Stitch Along with JOANN
It’s your favourite time of the year, yep, the Stitch Along with our friends at Joann Fabrics and Crafts is back! Based on your interest, the designer has created another fun mystery that is intended to build your skills.
Starting Monday March 12, we will kick off Clue 1. Each Monday until April 2nd, there will be an additional clue to put your afghan together.
It’s A Stitch Sampler
This one is like a stitch sampler. Each week, I am showing you a unique concept. Though we stop at a certain point each week, each clue can be an afghan all to itself. So if you like a particular week, you can expand the clue to continue onward. It’s a neat idea.
If this is your first time working through a total mystery crochet along with us here’s how it works. Each week a new clue is released here. If you miss a week, don’t worry! The progressive clues are collected here as well.
Like always, we save the clues here on our website and keep the videos forever. So if you miss the Stitch Along this time around, you can always come back another time.
Here are examples of other Stitch Alongs we have done with Joann. Click the pics to get the pattern. Tutorials and patterns are always available.
Let Me Share More – Introduction
You may be wondering how to choose your yarns or colours, or even what this project will look like when it’s done! While that’s all part of the fun, we do have colour clues for you. I’m going to treat you to the clue right now!
In the pattern, the instructions call for specific colours for each version. We’ll be using Caron One Pound for this pattern.
- Contrast A – 2 balls
- Contrast B – 1 ball
- Contrast C – 1 ball
- Contrast A: Off White
- Contrast B: Pale Green
- Contrast C: Light Terracotta
- Contrast A: Off White
- Contrast B: Soft Grey Mix
- Contrast C: Hollyhock
- Contrast A: Sunflower
- Contrast B: Dark Pink
- Contrast C: Grass Green
The project we’ll be making together is at an experienced beginner to intermediate skill level. We’ll release weekly tutorial videos to accompany the pattern clue.
Pattern Tutorials with Crochet Timings
Week 1 – March 12
- Follow the lines to greatness as you make your first clue. While the instructions appears to be a lot, take a look at the crochet diagram available and see how the lines work their way through the project. All of the squares only have 18 rounds to complete.
- Finished square is approximately 23″ x 23″.
- Clue will take between 3 – 4 hours to complete.
Week 2 – March 19
- The centre of this square starts off as a circle and then transitions to a square not too far into the project. Once beyond the circle, the remaining of the square has a 3 round repeat pattern going on. With eye popping texture that will appear instantly from the very beginning. Essentially, you have 2 of 3 rounds of straight double crochet and the 3rd round is the texture being applied. So it’s nice to have texture but 2 rounds of regular crochet to zoom through.
- Finished square is approximately 23″ x 23″.
- Use the same hook size and yarn you selected for Week 1. If your square isn’t to the size of everyone else’s, don’t worry about it if your square isn’t buckling. Just means you are either a tight or looser crocheter. By using the same hook size and yarn, each square should work out for you.
- Clue will take 4 – 5 hours to complete. It’s the longest square for the entire project.
Week 3 – March 26
- Clue will take 3 – 4 hours to complete.
Week 4 – April 2nd
- Clue will taken 2 – 3 hours to complete.
- Final Border will take about 2 – 3 hours.
Giveaway Entries Begin April 2nd – April 30th.
We have 3 random prizes for this challenge. Win some extra Caron One Pound Yarn Balls for your Collection.
Everyone has a fair chance to win.
While each week can be an entirely different afghan on its own, the giveaway requires you to complete the pattern as written. Each of the 4 week’s of clues should be in the afghan and completed to the size in the pattern and border as stated in the pattern as well.
Should you wish to complete just 1 week and make it into an afghan on your own, you are welcome to do so but isn’t part of our challenge to qualify for prizes.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may create any color scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done.Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
If you are changing your hook size or yarn, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- It’s a lottery system and everyone has a fair chance to win.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email to email@example.com
- Use Subject Line: Caron One Pound Stitch Along
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from April 2nd to April 30th, 2018. Draw will take place May 5th, 2018.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 4 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.
We require at least 4 days of processing time to accept, review and enter your pictures into our official galleries. Unfortunately, due to things we cannot understand, we don’t always receive emails as our server may not receive your email and/or emails can get lost in cyber space. In the event after 4 days you don’t see your entry put into our gallery. Kindly email us back with the picture once again. If your entry doesn’t qualify, we will contact you. The chances of your picture not in our galleries is most likely your email not being received.