- Hits: 1000
Coconut Candy Baby Afghan
This is a Hexagonal Afghan that will measure to approximately 39" across.
This is a relatively quick project estimating between 5 - 7 hours depending on you. The picture is showing the afghan partially completed at 15 Rounds. You will need a total of 24 rounds to complete this project.
The yarn is extremely plush, it's like crocheting with a cloud.
Size J or 6.0 MM
- 8 Balls - Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn, 100 G or 3.5 OZ Balls
- To make two colours, just pick up the equivalent amount to = 8.
- This tutorial will use 4 balls of Whitey White & 4 Balls of Baby Baby Print in the Pipsqueak Yarn Colours.
- This yarn is available in most retail stores that include Walmart and etc.
- This afghan doesn't sit flat. It has extra material so you can wrap up the baby with extra Pipsqueak yarn to keep them warm and cozy.
- Every colour is exactly 3 rows.
- Feel free to get other colour variations depending on the sex of the baby. I find changing colour makes it more interesting to look at.
- CH 5 and SL ST to the BEG chain to form ring.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 2 DC into the ring. CH 1, 3 DC into the Ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 1 DC into the corner gap under the CH 3, *CH 1, 2 DC into the next space, repeat from * 4 times around, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- CH 3, 1 DC into the corner under the CH 3, *CH 1, 3 DC into the next gap, 2 DC into the corner, 1 CH, 2 DC. Repeat from * 4 more times. CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started that row. Fasten off colour.
- Change Colour and fasten on new colour. You will continue to repeat Step 4, 20 more times. With each round, you will be growing the afghan bigger; therefore, there will be more gaps in between the corners. You have a total count of 24 rounds in this afghan. Go more if you like or stop earlier if you prefer.