Crochet Fingerless Gloves Pattern
This project works in a continuous revolution instead of slip stitching to see obvious starting and stopping in rows.
1 Ball of Red Heart Curly Q Yarn to make 1 pair. I recommend buying 2 balls just in case you would like to make the wrist area longer. If you cannot find this yarn locally, you can find it easily on RedHeart.com. There are 9 different colours of this yarn to choose.
Size J Hook or 6.0 mm Crochet Hook.
- When using Curly Q, the yarn has a significant stretch factor. When crocheting, don’t force the yarn to stretch. Just use the yarn as normal and allow the project absorb the yarn it needs.
- The most difficult aspect of this project is seeing the stitches when stitching into the chain. Once you get beyond that point the stitches are pretty obvious.
- Chain 23 and Slip Stitch to form a ring.
- CH 2, and DC into each stitch around the ring. (24 Stitches) Do not slip stitch at the end.
- Create the Ribbing of the cuff. Stat first stitch with *Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and next stitch is Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC). Repeat from * all the way around.
- Match the FPDC and BPDC with the stitches in the row underneath to keep the ribbing effect going. FPDC and BPDC all the way around.
- Repeat Line 4.
- DC into each stitch. Complete 11 revolutions of this.
- Put on glove and move the open stitch between thumb and finger gap. Reach through your thumb and finger with a crochet hook to determine the opposite side closing stitch to lock in the thumb hole size. Mark the stitch or hold onto it as you slide the glove off. DC into the opposite side stitch, and then DC into the same stitch you were on. Place 2 DC into each stitch going around the thumb hole. When you get to the other side where you had reached across, this time DC twice by double crocheting into the current stitch and reaching across to the starting stitch. This will secure the thumb gap into position from both sides of the thumb. Then 1 DC into each stitch going back to where you started the round.
- 1 DC into each stitch going around the finger part only.
- Finalize with 2 Single Crochet in a row, then 3 Slip Stitches. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Fasten on at the cuff and Single Crochet around. Fasten off and weave in ends.