Crochet a Cool Summer Top
New choices were added on May 3, 2022.
When I sit down to crochet, my favorite things to make are baby blankets and afghans. But more recently, I have played around with clothing, especially summer tops.
I made a few before my Crochet Cruise earlier this year, including the Peacock Summer Shell from the list below. It’s a great first piece which helps to teach you how to make it fit properly. I made this one with 3 skeins Bernat Satin yarn. It’s easy to wear over a tank top with a pair of capris.
I just made another piece that I’m absolutely in love with and cannot wait to wear it to an upcoming event. It’s the Sweet Clara Top by Kristin Omdahl. I thought it was going to be challenging, but it’s actually not bad once you get to the underarms. It is worked in the round in one piece from the top down and with a great yarn is a fabulous piece that I plan to wear with leggings and a cami. I did make mine a bit longer to hide the hips. 😉 I choose to Be So Sporty Yarn in Passionate Plum. I really love the rich, deep color of it.
Here are a few patterns to inspire your summer crocheting.
- Sweet Clara Top – I made mine longer, more like a tunic to wear with leggings.
- Summer Night Sweater – lacy design, perfect for summer.
- Floral Cami Top – Mikey has a tutorial to help you crochet this little pretty.
- Clarice – nice baby doll style top in sizes to 3X.
- Cap-Sleeve Top – free pattern for a fitted summer top.
- Granny Square Crochet Top – Easy to Make.
- Simple Tank Top – great beginner pattern made with the new Bernat yarn.
- Crochet Shore Thing Summer Dress – Meshy and light.
- Lacy Cami – Light and Summery.
- Crane Hill – This is for the bi-stituals as it has a knit yoke and a soft ripple crochet body.
- Pineapple Crochet Top – simply beautiful, I cannot resist the pineapples.
- Flowers in the Sky – flower motifs joined together to make this cute tank top.
- Shells on the Side – worked sideways to form a simple tube with the yoke added at the end.
- Peacock Summer Shell – I’ve made this one too. Super simple.
- Textures Crochet Top – lightweight and could easily be made longer.
Comments on “UPDATED: 15 Crocheted Summer Tops”
No blue button
I think this is a no button one
I’m looking for the full written pattern for the sweet clara crochet top. I’ve tried Ravelry, which has a link that doesn’t work. I’ve tried The Whoot website which has the part one video, but no written pattern. Pinterest links don’t work and I’ve also tried Kristin Omdahl’s blog, with no written pattern. Please help because I love that top and summer is coming!
I just clicked on the link in this blog, and scrolled down the pattern is there.
I was looking for summer top/ dress crochet patterns.
The Crochet Crowd has all kinds of fun patterns!
Couldn’t find the pattern for the purple top in picture
It’s the Clara pattern
Comments are closed.