Crochet Quick Preemie Blanket
I enjoy crocheting preemie blankets to donate to NICU units for the tiny babies. It’s a way to finish a project quickly, and feel good to know that the blanket will wrap a new baby in warmth and love. This one took me about 3 hours to complete.
Crochet Easy Preemie Blanket pattern.
Finished size is 24″ square.
You can easily make this into any size blanket by just keeping an even number of starting stitches.
Quick Preemie Blanket
by Jeanne Steinhilber
- 1 – 1/2 balls Bernat Happy Holidays – Twinkly White
- 1 ball Bernat Baby Coordinates – Baby
- Crochet Hook 6mm or Size J
Using both strands from the Bernat Happy Holiday and Bernat Baby Coordinates, crochet using them both as if you are double stranding. Here’s a video on how to use two strands together.
- Ch 52, (RS) dc into the 4th ch from hook and each ch across. Turn. – 50 dc
- Ch 3, (counts as dc) *skip next dc, dc into the next, then dc into the skipped dc. Repeat * across to last st, dc in turning ch. Turn.
- Ch 3, dc in each st across. Turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3, ending with a row 3 when square, but do not turn.
Border – Keep blanket RS facing you.
- Work 2 sc in the end of each row and 3 sc in each corner. Sl st to first sc.
- Ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 1, skip next st, sc in next st. Repeat * around. Sl st to first sc.
- Sl st to first ch-1 space, ch 1, sc in same space, *ch 1, skip sc, sc in ch-1. Repeat * around. Sl st to first sc.
- Repeat round 3 twice. Finish off.
Designs by Jeanne
Comments on “Crochet Quick Preemie Blanket Pattern”
do you have a video tutorial for this blanket?
Sorry, there is no video.
No blue button
I’m so glad I found the written pattern for this blanket. I made it in 2018 from Mikey’s video but just checked YouTube and cud not find the video so decided to check his website – I’m so glad I did. I love this pattern – it is so beautiful – my first attempt came out fantastic – so pleased with it. Want to do more in future so copied the pattern – now I am all set for future blankies. I love the look of the blanket – it looks so much harder than it actually is. Thank you for having the written pattern. Beautiful! Love the patterns & your teaching methods – very clear & easy to follow.
Awe I’m glad you found it, I love when things like that work out.
Hi there, I’m a beginner at crochet, & wanting to do the crochet quick preemie blanket. To do the DC into the skipped DC!!! Is this the same as DC cross stitch? As I was doing DC into the skipped SPACE!!! , & didn’t look same as pattern.!!!!
the patter is a row of dc, then a row of the x which is you skip a space dc, then do the next dc in the skipped space. It took a while for mine to look normal when I first started doing them.