Crochet Quick Preemie Blanket
I enjoy crocheting preemie blankets to donate to NICU units for the tiny babies. It’s a way to finish a project quickly, and feel good to know that the blanket will wrap a new baby in warmth and love. This one took me about 3 hours to complete.
Finished size is 24″ square.
You can easily make this into any size blanket by just keeping an even number of starting stitches.
Quick Preemie Blanket
- 1 – 1/2 balls Bernat Happy Holidays – Twinkly White
- 1 ball Bernat Baby Coordinates – Baby
- Crochet Hook 6mm or Size J
Using both strands from the Bernat Happy Holiday and Bernat Baby Coordinates, crochet using them both as if you are double stranding. Here’s a video on how to use two strands together.
- Ch 52, (RS) dc into the 4th ch from hook and each ch across. Turn. – 50 dc
- Ch 3, (counts as dc) *skip next dc, dc into the next, then dc into the skipped dc. Repeat * across to last st, dc in turning ch. Turn.
- Ch 3, dc in each st across. Turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3, ending with a row 3 when square, but do not turn.
Border – Keep blanket RS facing you.
- Work 2 sc in the end of each row and 3 sc in each corner. Sl st to first sc.
- Ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 1, skip next st, sc in next st. Repeat * around. Sl st to first sc.
- Sl st to first ch-1 space, ch 1, sc in same space, *ch 1, skip sc, sc in ch-1. Repeat * around. Sl st to first sc.
- Repeat round 3 twice. Finish off.
Be creative! 🙂 ~ Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd