- Hits: 744
Scrap Scarf Infinity Collarby Michael Sellick, The Crochet Crowd©2012 The Crochet CrowdDistribution of this pattern is appreciated but please copy and post the link. Do not duplicate or charge for the usage of this pattern. You may create your own and sell what you make but this pattern is to remain free.
This pattern is meant to push creative boundaries by using what appears to be scrap yarn. Scrap yarn projects work if the colours flow. In this case I cheated a bit as I indicate below. This is meant for a person who likes to stand out from the crowd and claim creativity verses a person who loves everything to match perfectly. It's a hit or miss project, but is creative nevertheless.
Size 6.0 mm or I Size Crochet Hook
1 Skien of Jessie Bernat Yarn. Jessie is a mix of precut yarn bunched into one packaging. The colour matches either other so provide a scrap look. It's cheating but it works. If you are using this yarn package by Bernat, you will use the entire thing and it will create the measurements you get.
For those who don't wish to buy this yarn. You can use your own scraps and cut lengths of 8 feet to use within this project. Cut as you go or cut enough to go the measurements of the finished size.
This project will measure 10" in Diameter & 7-8" wide.
BEG = Beginning, CH = Chain, HDC = Half Double Crochet, ST - Stitch, SL ST = Slip Stitch, SC = Single Crochet, DC = Double Crochet, TR = Triple Crochet,
- Chain 80, at the end ensure the chain isn't twisted up and attach to the BEG CH with a SL ST. DO NOT TURN.
- Continue in the same direction, 1st stitch will be SC, 2nd will be HDC, then DC all the way back to the BEG CH.
- Turn the work so it has a permanent 180 degree twist. You will begin to DC on the bottom side of the stitching. You will not see any stitches, just DC into the gap space. You will crochet continuously now around and around until you run out of yarn.
- On the final 9 stitches, leave 3 feet of yarn. 3 HDC, then 3 SC, and THEN 3 SL ST.
- Fasten Off and weave in the ends.