Crochet Ruby Infinity Cowl
This easy Crochet Ruby Cowl is a great project for ambitious beginners but definitely easy to expert level crocheters can enjoy this simple crochet cowl.
Featuring Bernat Dazzle by Yarnspirations, this bulky weight yarn is intended to keep you snug as a bug in cooler temperatures.
This is an infinity cowl, which means it has a permanent twist within the project to have it rest nicely against your neck and chest while wearing. The twist is part of the design and can never be untwisted once set.
A video tutorial is provided below to show you the steps if you are confused by the written instructions.
The infinity scarf is 30" in circumference and 12" in height. You will use both balls of the Bernat Dazzle completely.
- Crochet Bobble Colour Pop Cowl Pattern
- Crochet Drapey Cowl Pattern + Tutorial
- Crochet Baby Diamonds Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Butterfly Stitch Scarf Pattern
- Crochet Sampler Cowl Pattern
- Size 8 mm or Size L Crochet Hook
- 2 Balls of Bernat Dazzle. Colour depicted is Bernat Dazzle Ruby Glow. One ball will do 6" in height on my pattern, both balls will make up to the 12" height as seen in the photo.
- Tapestry Needle to weave in the loose ends.
To change any of my dimensions for the circumference, the multiple is in sets of 2. If you crochet a chain with an even number and try it around your neck, it will work out perfectly each and every time.
A video tutorial is available below to clarify any of the patterns below. Understanding the twist isn't always easy to explain. Seeing it in a tutorial makes a lot of sense.
Ch 66. Without twisting the chain, join with a slip stitch to the beginning chain to form a ring.
- Ch 1, 2 hdc into the same stitch as the join. *skip 1 chain, 2 dc into the next. Repeat * around. You will skip the final chain and hold. Do not join.
- Lay down the project flat on the table with the crochet hook still in the project on the top side. Review the video if you are confused. You need to create an infinity twist. Take the next stitch you are about to go into and flip it down so the top is towards you and the bottom of that stitch is up. You will start the next instructions using the bottom side of the stitch and follow it around.
- Place 2 dc into the bottom of each stitch where the dc's are. Follow around and you will run back into the stitches that are facing in the right direction automatically. Once you have completed this round, all stitches will be in the right direction and the infinity permanent twist is completed.
- Each 2 dc's you put into the chain are to be treated like they are paired together. In this next part, we place 2 dc in the middle of a pair. Place 2 dc into space between the next 2 hdc, then *2 dc into space between the next two dc pair. Repeat * in a continuous revolution using both of the Bernat Dazzle balls.
- Once you are satisfied with the height or run out of yarn, the final 3 pairs of stitches should be as follows. 2 hdc between the pair, next one is 2 sc between the pair. Final is 1 slip stitch between the pair. Fasten off and weave in ends.