Crochet Mountain Mist Afghan
This is a similar-looking pattern to the one seen in the Breaking Amish Television Show. It’s not the same pattern but it looks pretty close to it. This is an older pattern and was originally using Waverly by Bernat but it’s been discontinued, yarn wise. You can easily substitute the yarn for Bernat Super Value, Caron One Pound or even Caron Simply Soft. The ball counts are below and the colours that were originally used. Remember, if using Caron One Pound, those are big balls, so keep in mind the yardage of a ball. This is an original Yarnspirations Design many years ago. This is the Mountain Mist Afghan pattern.
- Crochet Outdoor Mat Pattern
- Crochet Baby Sneakers + Tutorial
- Crochet Baker’s Mix Lapghan + Tutorial
- Crochet Peppermint Christmas Tree Skirt Pattern
- Crochet Log Cabin Quilt Pattern
Afghan is 49″ x 55″.
Multiples: 11 + 3
- Waverly® for Bernat® (100 g/3.5 oz; 180 m/ 197 yds): Contrast A (55008 Birch White) 5 balls; Contrast B (55013 Bark) 3 balls; Contrast C (55010 Colonial Beige) 2 balls; Contrast D (55205 Greek Sea) 2 balls; Contrast E (55200 Aqua Frost) 2 balls. WAVERLY by Bernat is discontinued. Use Caron One Pound or Bernat Super Value.
- 5.5 mm or I Size Crochet Hook
Ch 3 at beg of row counts as dc throughout.
With A, ch 157.
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 3. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. *(Yoh and draw up a loop in next ch. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times. Yoh and draw through all 4 loops on hook – cluster made. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 3. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. Rep from * to last 2 ch. 1 dc in each of next 2 ch. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3. Miss next dc. (1 dc in next dc. Ch 1) twice. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in the next ch-3 sp. Ch 1. Miss next 2 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. *Cluster over next (dc, cluster, dc). Ch 1. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp. Ch 1. Miss next 2 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. Rep from * to last 3 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Miss next dc. 1 dc in top of ch 3. Turn. The last row forms Ripple Pat. Cont in Ripple Pat, keeping continuity of Stripe Pat until work measures approx 55″ [140 cm], ending with 4 rows A. Fasten off.
Stripe Pat: 4 rows A, 2 rows B, 2 rows C, 2 rows B, 4 rows A, 2 rows D, 2 rows E, 2 rows D. These 20 rows form Stripe Pat.
The 2nd Row is the same throughout the afghan once you get to row 2. You just have to change colours to match.