The latest craze of Wednesday's show on Netflix is grabbing crocheters and knitters alike to see items they recognize. The Wed Inspired Houndstooth Hat is one of those patterns that knitters notice immediately.
The tutorial provides a walk-through of the pattern, as the skills are easily picked up through Knitting Crowd YouTube Channel. You can see in the download that it's not a new pattern but a revival of an existing pattern by changing the model to a younger person. 😀
The skills you need to know are shown below:
The brim is Made This Way
How to Add Stitches
How to Change Colours Quickly
You will also need to know Knit 2 Together. Video coming in the future.
- Project Level: Intermediate
- Project Size: Average Adult
- Pattern Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows in stocking stitch
- Designer: Yarnspirations Design Team
- Stitch Multiple is not applicable.
- Needle Size on Pattern: 4 mm and 4.5 mm or US 6 and 7 Needles
- Yarn In Pattern: Patons Classic Wool Worsted
- For Teaching Purposes: I am showing just the pattern. Please use the pattern for details on yarn quantities, gauge and other details not listed here.
Please use the pattern for details on yarn quantities, gauge and other details not listed here. This pattern may have been updated since the creation of this tutorial, and the information or presentation of the printable PDF may have been changed without notice.
The Graphic Knit Hat is a stranding colour hat. It's just a different chart for the colour changing. The Wed Inspired Hat is done similarly but with a different colour change. This has become Daniel's Go To Hat for this year.