39 Yarn Shops of Nova Scotia
Are you looking for all of the Yarn Shops in Nova Scotia while visiting? Finding fabulous yarn stores may be harder to locate as they may be tucked in tourist towns or off the beaten track in the cities.
Updated June 30, 2023 with the latest information. Links, where available, are provided for each location. Please check their hours of operation.
Michaels Stores and Walmart exist in various places in Nova Scotia and are generally easy to find through Google Maps. Our goal was to locate the names of the stores and provide their address so you can find them too. Follow the Yarn Tales in Nova Scotia.
As a general note: Check these stores' websites or social media posts if you are unsure of open times. With Nova Scotia being a small province, visiting many little yarn stores daily is possible.
All store information was accurate at the time of producing this document.
Please don't drop in at The Crochet Crowd without an appointment. We are not open to the public and Mikey may be filming.
Locations of Stores where Yarn is the Primary Focus
You will find yarn in stores like Walmart and other places where yarn is an option but not a primary focus. Tracy's Rolling Yarn Shop travels throughout Nova Scotia. Their Facebook is constantly updated for locations that are planned. From the port to meet cruise ships to other far-reaching corners of Nova Scotia.
- The Crochet Crowd in Greenwich, Nova Scotia. Not open to the public.
- Tap Root Fibre Lab - Greenwich, Nova Scotia. Yarn is available next door if this is closed at Noggins Corners in the same parking lot.
- Wool 'n Tart Yarn Store in Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- Gaspereau Valley Fibres in Gaspereau, Nova Scotia
- Becky's Knit and Yarn Shop in Lockeport, Nova Scotia
- L K Yarns in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- The Loop in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Yarn in The Hollow - Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia
- The Wool Room at Aspen Grove Farm in New Germany, Nova Scotia
- The Mariner's Daughter in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
- Moose River Rug Hooking Studio in Clementsport, Nova Scotia
- Deanne Fitzpatrick Rug Hooking Studio in Amherst, Nova Scotia
- Lismore Sheep Farm and Wool Shop in River John, Nova Scotia
- Yarn and Company in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
- Sisterhood Fibres in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
- GJDR Enterprise LTD in Oxford, Nova Scotia
- DeWeaver's Wovens - Aylesford, Nova Scotia
- The Bobbin Tree in Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Moraff's Yarns and Crafts in Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Green Sheep Fibres - South Ohio, Nova Scotia
- Heidi Wulfraat Woolworks Studio in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
- Flora's Gift Shop on The Cabot Trail in Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
- Erin's Hooked On Yarn in Port La Tour, Nova Scotia
- Natural Ewe Yarns - Pictou, Nova Scotia.
- Wools on The Corner - Bridgetown, Nova Scotia
- The Violet Unicorn - Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
- Needle and Wool Company - Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
- Antigo Knits - Antigonish, Nova Scotia
- Generation Craft Supplies - Shubencadie, Nova Scotia
- Fia Fia Knitting and Yarns - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Gwen's Handmade Creations - Salmon River (near Truro), Nova Scotia
Big Box Retailers Specializing in Yarn
- Michaels - New Minas, Nova Scotia. Filming Location for The Crochet Crowd yarn updates. Location for Wednesday Night Stitch Nights with our local stitcher's group. It's an adult-based group and open to all.
- Michaels - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Michaels - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Michaels - Bedford, Nova Scotia
- Michaels - Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Michaels - Truro, Nova Scotia
Recommended Places to Eat in and around Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- The Port Pub - Watch the tide right beside the restaurant.
- The Noodle Guy - Award-winning eatery.
- Joe's Emporium - Pub fare, and we go here often.
- Lightfoot & Wolfville Vineyards - Incredible view of the valley, and lunch is served.
- Longfellow Restaurant - Award-winning and unexpectedly really good.
- Luckett Vineyards - Iconic Must See in the Valley, lunch is served.
- Spitfire Arms Alehouse - Windsor, Nova Scotia, Pub Fare.
- The Church Brewing Co - We go here often—elevated tasty menu. Reservations are needed most of the time. It's trendy.
- Wolfville Farmer's Market - The main market is on Saturdays, and the market is open at various times in the week.
Things Creative and Tourist Based in the Annapolis Valley
- Port-Royal - European Settlement in Port-Royal, Nova Scotia
- Grand-Pre National Historic Site - Acadian settlements in Grand Pre, Nova Scotia
- Hall's Harbour - Iconic Tidal Village with the best lobster - Hall's Harbour, Nova Scotia
- The Look Off - North Ridge overlooks Minas Basin and Annapolis Valley.
- Magic Winery Bus Tours - Wolfville and surrounding areas vineyard tastings and visits.
- Valley Ghost Walks - Not scary but fabulously presented with walk-throughs of the towns as characters tell the stories as you approach them as a guided tour. It's like a walking theatre performance.
Recommended Places to Stay in and Around Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- Blomidon Inn - Vintage and historic.
- Old Orchard Inn - Medium range budget & pet friendly.
- Slumber Inn - Economy
- Gingerbread House Bed and Breakfast - Iconic
- Greensboro Inn & Motel - Motel setting and pet friendly
- Micro Boutique Living Wolfville - Furnished apartments.
- 470 Main Boutique Accommodations - Highly Recommend
All recommendations are based on personal experience or feedback.